Help designing/selecting a system for 99 F150

Thanks for clarifying misfit, I took your post to mean use 2 sets of the Eclipse in front and rear doors.
Nope. Just one pair of them...in the front doors.

If you buy the stuff I listed, and install it properly, it'll sound really good. You should put some thought into using sound deadener as well. In the very least, use some in the front doors...

Can you give me some more info on that sub you referred to? Ive been to MB Quart website and cant find any info on it. The only reference subs they have listed are some shallow mount subs. I was looking for box size information.

Can you give me some more info on that sub you referred to? Ive been to MB Quart website and cant find any info on it. The only reference subs they have listed are some shallow mount subs. I was looking for box size information.
The RWE is an old model. It was designed prior to MB Quart being purchased by Maxxsonics (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). In case you didn't know, MB Quart used to be considered one of the best car audio companies. Back in the day, almost everyone owned or wanted to own MB Quart equipment.

This particular sub was built by Rockford Fosgate as well. I've recommended it to several people on the forum and all who bought it seemed pleased. If I could use them, I'd buy a few myself.

Recommended enclosure size is .95 cubes for the 12" model.

No rear door speakers... Your in a extended cab truck not a stretch limo, you dont have alot of space it there TRUST me go with the rear door speakers and then adjust the fade to be alil more to the front of the cab. Limited space=fill every opening

Update; I got the 3 " rear seat lift installed this weekend, and asked Buck to design a box for me. Meanwhile, I have a question about the Eclipse 8365 component set. The woofer part of the speaker I assume can be made to fit in the existing factory opening under the door panel, perhaps with some type of plate material. What about where to mount the other 2 smaller speakers? The door panels are contoured to meet the dash so on the drivers side, the dash comes out about 6 or 8 inches further then the passenger side. So to get them mounted in the same spot on both doors, I would have to have them almost in the middle of the door panels? And where would the crossover go? just inside the door somplace out of the way? And are they surface mount or would I have to cut a hole in the door panel? It is hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like I would have to do some cutting.?.

EDIT: I heard back from Buck today, it seems a 12" MBQuart RWE-302, or any other 12" sub is not going to fit. Guess I did the 3" lift for nothing. So Can anyone recommend a 10" sub for a sealed box for hard hitting sound quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.