Help guys! I think FI Q is mess up...

Somchine13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Not sure but after I took the sub out of my car and hook it up to my bro's amp in his bedroom, I noticed the sub sounds weird. I guess I didn't catch this because I don't like loud music and probably didn't hear the slapping noise. You guys can check out the video here, the quality is not all that good. I don't think this is how a FI Q sounds like.

When you mean landing, are you talking about where the cone comes down to connect with the spider? Sorry as you can see I don't really know much about this stuff.

Pull the sub out of the box and push up on the cone. Check the spider to see if it has broke the glue on the landing.

that poping sound is mechanical noise...means if the glue on the spider and the former the coil is bad. That means you over power the sub, or clipped the signal...or a combination of the two. I would be the coil is a bit separated. No matter what, time for a recone.

Thanks Rabbit. I might as well buy a new sub or will look around and see if anyone does recone.

that poping sound is mechanical noise...means if the glue on the spider and the former the coil is bad. That means you over power the sub, or clipped the signal...or a combination of the two. I would be the coil is a bit separated. No matter what, time for a recone.

sounds like the dust cap is loose, i had this problem on a pair of RE MTS, when they wouldn't accept my return i took the cone off drilled small holes, and bought a needle nose bottle , and mixed jb weld in her then used small amounts in crucial places i sold them to my friend over a year ago and he still says there are no problems with them.

if you do this allow 4 days to dry do to the lack of air flow up in there, and i just placed books on the dust cap for weight to keep pressure.

hope this helps

sounds like the dust cap is loose, i had this problem on a pair of RE MTS, when they wouldn't accept my return i took the cone off drilled small holes, and bought a needle nose bottle , and mixed jb weld in her then used small amounts in crucial places i sold them to my friend over a year ago and he still says there are no problems with them.
if you do this allow 4 days to dry do to the lack of air flow up in there, and i just placed books on the dust cap for weight to keep pressure.

hope this helps
Why not use ca glude? no waiting required.

You can check the dust cap but I don't think that will be the issue..could be though, if they use a weaker glue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.