HELP Hertz HSK165

rapmaster0
10+ year member

Okay, I have my new HSK165. I bridged my JL 300/4 to get 150watts to each speaker. Now, I set it for Bridged 4Ω: 150Ww x 1 (set to 24.6 V), using the input sens. (GAIN). I also put the filter freq to 80hz and set the 24.6V using an 1khz test tone.

I set the 24.6V at volume 30, now i cant even get past 21 without my amp cutting off. I dont know why, or what i did wrong. Am I doing something wrong???

If i understand you correctly. With you new settings (gains) you can't get pass 21 on the volume of your headunit. Truthfully it sounds like you are overloading the inputs of the amp. The JL may have a protection on the inputs, but not sure I will have to check the PDF. for the amp out, for now back the gains down slowly and see if the problem goes any.

What headunit are you using?

Yea im running mercmans harness...it takes the outputs and puts it into an balanced ouputs. I believe that the TSX outputs has no spikes in EQ so i did not need a clean sweep or anythig.

wong05tsx: what do you mean by input freq? the 300/4 doesnt have one.

hey i sent you a pm back and just realized this. when you bridge them it turns your amp into a 2 channel. you cant run it that way because then it puts the final load down to 2 ohm. your amp isnt stable at 2 ohm bridged. you have to run them undbridged. one crossover to each channel. switch it up and problem solved

OP - You should pick up mercman's BALUN, and run some different amps. I ran JL amps for a while before I got his balun, and was never impressed by any of the JL amps. 3 of them shitted on me too. Switched setups, and havn't had a single problem now

What amp you think? Mercman is having some downtime due to his PC getting messed up so i dont want to bother him for the BALUN yet. What amp are you running or reccomed for the hertz? or should i jsut try adn see if i can get the JL 300/2

I've got my sundown 100.4 bridged to my hsk's. a 100.2 to my rear hcx's.. I'm about to unbridge it though and have my 100.4 run it all soon, since I need some more trunk space, which is why i'm selling the 100.2. It'd be perfect for your hsk's if you're interested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

It'd outperform the jl 300/2, IMO. More tuning options too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.