Help me build a sound system for a Toyota Camry 2001 LE.

Tuxedo.Bond

I'm looking around a $1000 budget give or take depending on how much value I'd gain. Any ideas? I like clear crisp music/vocals and don't need a sub that rumbles the block. I'd be using a smartphone/laptop/tablet to stream music to the receiver. According to Crutchfield:

Radio opening

Usable space behind your dash for a new stereo:7.772"

Radio types that will fit in your dash:

4"-tall ("Double-DIN" style)

2"-tall ("DIN" style)

Front speakers

Front Door: 6-3/4" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

Rear speakers

Rear Deck: 6x9" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

The bulk of the funds will go in a nice source unit. Then into decent speakers and some dampening material. I would get an adapter for your rear deck and get away from thoe 6x9 idea though.

Depending on how crazy you plan to get with a more SQ setup that 1000 may not get to far. If you just want something basic then find a source unit that works with all the features you need/want. Then budget out the rest.

The bulk of the funds will go in a nice source unit. Then into decent speakers and some dampening material. I would get an adapter for your rear deck and get away from thoe 6x9 idea though.
Depending on how crazy you plan to get with a more SQ setup that 1000 may not get to far. If you just want something basic then find a source unit that works with all the features you need/want. Then budget out the rest.
Any parts in particular?

That's a terrible car for audio. Trunk is hard to get any sound out of, and the door speaker locations are awful.

Only thing on your side is you can get a decent multimedia reciever going in the dash.

The car can sound good. I had a 98 Camry (same layout) that I put Massive CK6 front components in, a single CV Vega12 all ran off an xtant 403A. I left the stock speakers on and heavily attenuated them for fill.

It sounded good. I experimented with several tweeter locations, you have dash corner tweeters stock, correct?

there are so many factors and options, with subs i wouldnt even try to go over 1k, toyota alt's always befuddled me with the power they put out. def need to do the big 3.

def want to get a custom sub box made, box is everything, dont waste a grand and have a ****** sub stage with a pre-fab

where in florida are you

there are so many factors and options, with subs i wouldnt even try to go over 1k, toyota alt's always befuddled me with the power they put out. def need to do the big 3.
def want to get a custom sub box made, box is everything, dont waste a grand and have a ****** sub stage with a pre-fab

where in florida are you
South central.

CTX65CS IMAGE DYNAMICS NEW 6.5" PRO COMPONENT SPEAKERS | eBay

one of my fave 6.5 components, id get a good set of components for the front and some coax for rear fill

Audio Savings | CADENCE 6x9 400w 3 WAY CONVERTABLE COMPONENT SPEAKERS

i have a set of these laying around for 50 bucks if you would like, amazing deal on some 6x9 components

ZRS-C9 CADENCE 4 CH 1000 W AMP SPEAKER & SUB AMPLIFIER | eBay

best deal on a 4 channel on the web imho, korean made amp. very powerful. just last year model.

Boston Acoustics US)

also an amazing deal, i love my boston amp and subs

Boston Acoustics G312-44 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

one of the best deals on sq subs out there

if you want just one amp this amp would fit the ba 12 inch sub and your highs perfectly, would make a clean and neet install

Boston Acoustics US)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.