Help me build a sound system for a Toyota Camry 2001 LE.

How much will a good sub box cost me? What are some good value receivers? Going by value, what are some of the better bang for the buck systems?
A good custom made sub box will run you about 200 after shipping depending on who makes it and its size. A custom box made by a professional is the best way to go, it may seem pricy but the box is just as important as the sub you put in it...

Get the best deck you can, read what others are saying about it and if you can demo it at car audio places.

I like my focals in my 99camry, but I will be switching them out soon. The position of the drivers side woofer is truly god aweful but the car can sound very good, you will want a deck that has time alignment and the ability to send more power to the driver's side front to balance it out.

I really loved my Eclipse CD7200mkii, its a bit older and is built for sound quality, very warm balanced levels. But its a very basic deck by todays standards. Fair warning, if you like compressed music and put together a great system you may find yourself buying CD's to get the warmth that mp3's don't have. Some decks can do a great job with mp3's, but the sound will never be as warm as a CD.

I would check out the classified for amps and possibly head units, your dollar can go pretty far there. There are also venders here that have pretty good prices.

I'll add that I don't care for alpine amps and pioneer double dins (they are computers not good sounding sources IMO).

What do you have specifically?
JL audio vr 6.5" componets, jl audio c2 3way 6x9s, jl audio 300/2, rockford p4004, rockford t15001bdcp, a kinetik hc2400v, a pair of fi fully loaded btl 15s, box 7.5cf @30hz double faced. Pair of grey head rest monitors

A good custom made sub box will run you about 200 after shipping depending on who makes it and its size. A custom box made by a professional is the best way to go, it may seem pricy but the box is just as important as the sub you put in it...
Get the best deck you can, read what others are saying about it and if you can demo it at car audio places.

I like my focals in my 99camry, but I will be switching them out soon. The position of the drivers side woofer is truly god aweful but the car can sound very good, you will want a deck that has time alignment and the ability to send more power to the driver's side front to balance it out.

I really loved my Eclipse CD7200mkii, its a bit older and is built for sound quality, very warm balanced levels. But its a very basic deck by todays standards. Fair warning, if you like compressed music and put together a great system you may find yourself buying CD's to get the warmth that mp3's don't have. Some decks can do a great job with mp3's, but the sound will never be as warm as a CD.

I would check out the classified for amps and possibly head units, your dollar can go pretty far there. There are also venders here that have pretty good prices.

I'll add that I don't care for alpine amps and pioneer double dins (they are computers not good sounding sources IMO).
I would would be using a PMP to decode lossless audio files. I don't suppose there are receivers which have a front HDMI port for lossless audio transfer so the head unit can do the decoding?

I would would be using a PMP to decode lossless audio files. I don't suppose there are receivers which have a front HDMI port for lossless audio transfer so the head unit can do the decoding?
Most come with USB cables if you want to use Apple Loss less or .wav files on usb storage (it can come very close to cd quality)

If you using a portable media player you can also use an adapter to send the signal to rca inputs for the deck. (You will get some loss though...)

A lot of decks come with apple and android interfaces as well...

Most come with USB cables if you want to use Apple Loss less or .wav files on usb storage (it can come very close to cd quality)If you using a portable media player you can also use an adapter to send the signal to rca inputs for the deck. (You will get some loss though...)

A lot of decks come with apple and android interfaces as well...
Through USB would work. A lossless file is exactly the same as the original.

Through USB would work. A lossless file is exactly the same as the original.
Lossless is pretty good. However there are differences in the sounds between media on CD's and lossless ripped file, subtle but there.

The differences come from the how the data is copied and retrieved with a CD drive vs usb also how the digital signal processor handles the retrieved data.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.