• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

im having trouble trying to run a 200/2watt jenson and also a 25/4watt sherwood the speakers are 1 12"visonik and 2 8" pro series all enclosed seperate boxes. i want to run the sherwood amp on my two 8's and my jenson on my one twelve but i dont know anything about RCA and im having trouble.so if anyone is out there please help me.

it is not recomended to use different size drivers in a car if both are to be used as "sub woofers". i would recomend only using the 12" and bridging the jensen to mono if the amp can handle the ohm load presented by the 12" visonik. hope this helps.

Originally posted by imral3 it is not recomended to use different size drivers in a car if both are to be used as "sub woofers". i would recomend only using the 12" and bridging the jensen to mono if the amp can handle the ohm load presented by the 12" visonik. hope this helps.
Technically, 8's with a 12 at similar frequencies isn't the right way to do it, but with the amount of power you're using and the fact that each sub is in its own sealed enclosure I can't imagine you'd have any problems. You just need to use a buttload of y-cables (1 female to 2 male). And no, the sound quality won't be reduced, the voltage of your pre-outs is not affected by y cables, only the resistance your h/u sees. That being said...

Plug one set of y's into each channel of the rca pair you want to use for your subs. That will give you 4 channels. Then plug another pair of y's into the 1st set, one on the left channel, one on the right. That will give you your 6 in's to your amps. Plug a pair of lefts and a pair of rights into your 4 ch, the remaining pair will go to the 2 ch.

It won't be the prettiest install in the world, but the sound you'll get will be as good as any other method. I probably made it sound a lot more complicated than it is, but you'll figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.