help wiring subs....

Participant count
  • Participant list

freakin_rican
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hello folks i have a simple question i am going to be hooking up a pair of these subs:Audiobahn AW121T 1100W 12" Flame Excursion Series 4-Ohm Car Audio Subwoofers to a Memphis 16-ST500D amp and my question is how do i wire the subs to the amp for the best possible sound subs will be put in a sealed box...i know this stuff is old equipment but they are in real good shape and still work so might as well get use out of it...thanks for any help...

can i do this with that amp...
hmm....I had a ST-1000D that was 1ohm stable....I researched the ST-500D and your question is valid, it is a 2ohm stable amp. I did not know that. Looks like wiring them to 4 ohms for 125 watts ea is your only option there. I would look into another set of subs or a more powerful/or 1ohm stable amp.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/documents/PriorToStudioseries%20classDmonoblock_subwoofer_amp.pdf

Are these subs dual 4 or single 4...??? Thanks for the info and links...
Look at the listing for your woofers, if it says anything along the lines of "SVC" or "Single Voice Coil" you have single 4 Ohm subs, if they say "DVC" or "Dual Voice Coil" then you have dual 4 Ohms. The only difference is that the single has one terminal with negative and positive outlets, and a dual has two.

Look at the listing for your woofers, if it says anything along the lines of "SVC" or "Single Voice Coil" you have single 4 Ohm subs, if they say "DVC" or "Dual Voice Coil" then you have dual 4 Ohms. The only difference is that the single has one terminal with negative and positive outlets, and a dual has two.
hey thanks for the info these have two sets of - and +

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.