Help with 05 Silverado: Rewire or what?

naztayboy
10+ year member

I have an 05 Silverado with a bose system. Well me being new to car audio 2 years ago I had no clue what I was doing and let my friend help me. He cut the harness out that plugs into my radio and now the deleaership says its $650 for the piece because I have to buy the full dash harness. I can't afford this and I figure it would be better just to hardwire it? I have a pioneer Avic-N4 7" screen and 2 8" solobaric 4ohm L7s with an 850/2 amp. I need someones opinion on what I should do, and if I should rewire it what do I really need to know? I mean I know basic wiring and stuff. I don't know what guage wire I would need to rewire my bose speakers with though because the stock wires seem real small. HELP PLEASE! Been goin without a radfio for 2 years.

I used to have a '95 maxima that had a bose system in it, but my dad never let me mess with it. But it sounded pretty good. He told me something about each speaker having its own built in amp or something like that so I'm not sure how you would be able to bypass that, if that is still the case with your Silvy.

Well my bose system came with a 6" sub and amp in the console but im just completely passing that. I figure I just have to rewire the speakers normally. they have a plug instead of straight wires and I figure I can just splice the wire a little before the plug garness that plugs into the speaker and still use it. someone help me plz even if its just a little help!

If you are running new speaker wire into the door for an amp all you need out of the radio harness is power and ground. there is no acc wire in the factory harness you have to go to the ignition harness tap the brown wire for acc.

Well I'd prefer just to find a harness but Ive already looked in like 6 major junkyards n the dfw area and can't find the right one. It *****. I would just have to hardwire everything I figure? new wire to everything including power and all.

Take the radio harness that comes with the N4 and splice those wires to your cut radio harness. Since you have the bose system your door speakers arnt going to work unless you buy the adapter or run new wires from your HU to your door speakers.

All the rest of the wires except the door speakers will still work from right there? I thought all those wires ran to another harness and messed it all up. Is it ok for me to run new wires to all the speakers and then just splice the wire right before the speakers and tie my wire into there? the speaker only has a plug you can plug into. Does it really matter what guage wire I would need to rerun all the speakers with? any suggestions?

believe me i had a friend do this hardwiring the aftermarket harness to the oem harness is a *****. Even with a schematic. becasue alot of the dash lights and all tie into this harness and wiring it wrong knocks those out.

Like stated best bet is go to a junkyard and find and 2003-2006 silverado tahoe or suburban escalade with the BOSE system and just cut the harness off behind the radio. then go home and it would be as simple as matching the colors back up. then you can run your aftermarket HU like normal with the right adapter for your vehicle.

All the rest of the wires except the door speakers will still work from right there? I thought all those wires ran to another harness and messed it all up. Is it ok for me to run new wires to all the speakers and then just splice the wire right before the speakers and tie my wire into there? the speaker only has a plug you can plug into. Does it really matter what guage wire I would need to rerun all the speakers with? any suggestions?
Ok first heres the Color code for your radio Harness

red switched ignition

yellow 12v constant

black ground

white left front positive

white/black left front negative

grey right front positive

grey/black right front negative

green left rear positive

green/black left rear negative

purple right rear positive

purple/black right rear negative

blue power antenna

blue/white amp turn on(remoteAcc)

orange/dash illumination

The only wires you really need to re connect are the

red

yellow

black

orange

The rest of the wires you re wire that is If you want to give up your bose system. Simply run new wires (I like to run 12ga but you can do 14ga) from each speaker to your N4. I cant remember exactly but if you remove the plug that connects to the speaker there might be some terminals you can use to connect your own wire to using some female connectors. If not then splice your new wire to the wire coming off of the plug. Read the manual that came with your N4 and see what color wires on its harness are for which speaker and connect your new speaker wires to the appropriate wires on the N4 harness. The wires that you dont use on your chevy harness thats cut make sure to cap them off they sell crimp on caps at most stereo shops maybe even hardware stores. When I did something similar in my old silverado I removed the entire interior of the truck except for the dash which made everything pretty easy you can do it with the interior still in but it will be more difficult.

I guess Ill just keep looking...I've looked so hard already, it just *****. I mean I wouldn't wire it wrong though I dont think? It doesn't seem too hard figuring out where all the wires go. I hear though that you gotta be careful crossing some wires or some things because it will mess them up.

lol honestly my truck has been goin without half the inside for a while. BTW thanks for all the help everyone. I feel like my truck had diff color wires, Ill check in a while and let you know. Do i need to worry bout crossing wires n stuff tho?

like when i rewire my speakers and I run the wire across my steering column or whatever, I was told that just getting those speaker wires next to some of the other light wires n stuff might mess up, just what ive been told.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.