Help with a 94 honda accord.

JDuhaime309
10+ year member

My brother has a 94 honda accord 5 speed. The problem is on the left side of the block. There is a puddle of coolant leaking from somewhere and I can't find where its coming from. I took off the air intake, and took off the bottom high pressure coolant hose. Inspected the coolant hose and there were not any imperfections the hose was clean. Can anyone else tell me if they know what the problem may be? He needs his car for work, he came to me for help. And I looked and can't find anything. Could it be a line on the back of the motor. Maybe the oil cooler lines? He just had a new clutch put in about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they might have over tightened the lines for the oil cooler? If anyone could help that would be great.

Yes, def get the pressure tester.You take the radiator cap off, put this one on, pump it up to pressurize the system, and if theres a leak, youll see the pressure drop and it could cause it to leak. Before you go buy that, look at all your lines again (it cant hurt...) and the heater hoses that set on the firewall to, which are more hidden than the rest. Oh, and make sure you top the antifreeze off to!

Radiator, heater core, throttle bodies on some cars (but probably not yours), the hoses/clamps between that stuff, and head gasket are common problems. Water pump perhaps.

There are also surfaces such as thermostat housings that are separate pieces that bolt onto the block that have gaskets and can also warp and leak even with a good gasket. It varies per engine what sorts of stuff like that, but I'd guess your car has a thermostat housing like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.