Help with Amp 04 Trailblazer

Participant count
  • Participant list

elballz12
10+ year member

I just picked up some Infinity Kappa 60.9cs and some Infinity Kappa 63.9i. I am trying to decide on a 4 channel amp. The 60.9cs are 90 rms per speaker and the 63.9 are 75 rms per speaker. Looked at some hifonics amps but need some help on how much power i will need. New to car audio just wanting to learn some info. I have an 04 Trailblazer with a Pioneer DEH-P8300UB. Its non bose and all stock

I recommend the Sound Stream RUB4.500 Class A/B on e-bay with 2yr warranty, and clean specs.105DB,TDH is 0.015%,75x4-$138.15 shipped from audio-club.GREAT amp with good warranty:D

you cant over power the speakers if you dont push the amp 2 full power, its always betetr to have mor epowe ron tap so you dont have to push the amp to its full extent and in return you have less distortion

That Rubi is a great amp, and would sound nice on the Infinities, and has a good warranty, can also be bridged later on if need be?Id buy that one, if I were in the market, even the Rubi1 1600 class d mono block for the subs too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thats False:beathors:,.Depends on if you bridge the amp properly to the ohms value it can handle, and is installed properly to retrieve air circulation.An amp will last a long time if you keep them running cool.I have some amps that are over 10 plus yrs old, and still look great, and work as they should.Wires?Power wiring?Depends on how much power you want to achieve, and how long the run of wire.Just that 4ch amp an 8ga kit will be all needed for supply.Yet if you are giong to add a hudge amp of 1500 for subs, and that amp, I go ahead and run at lest a 2ga,or 0ga supply run,to a distrabution fused block,and check out maybe doing the big 3, which there is a thread on here,and I need do myself,and you will have the supply for the bass amp /future supply needed for ?,and you have the block to run from to supply/power amps/fans up to:D,But if you are only going to put just that amp in..8ga supply kit should be plenty,and I run 14ga to my speakers, as some people get by with 16ga.Buying a spool is pretty cheap like 100ft will take care of that truck just fine

I plan on adding a sub in a few weeks. I have heard of doing the big 3 and didn't know if i would need to. I don't know how to run anything but i and having a local shop run it all that does some great work that i have seen. I just know i can but all of the parts cheeper online and save some big $$$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.