Help with battery power XS power or???

Participant count
  • Participant list

twanked~ls
10+ year member

THE REGAWL
kentucky
ok im running a 400watt 4channel and a 2 channel 600 watt. my headlights dim with just the subs running (have yet to install other amp for speakers until i get my electrical under control) Just seeing what people think i should do about my starting battery and MAYBE a second battery if i need it for the low power im running.

alpine hu

cdt audio components

6x9's(dont know yet maybe someone can chime in under 100 bucks)

discus 400watt

pg 600.1

2 12w3v2's

i always say xs.. but im sponsored by them. They make solid batt. jusrt please dont say kinetik.. lol.. they are garbage. only time i have used them is for show purposes.

i have done alot of tests with them.. drop it tests and just using them myself for sometime.. they dont hold voltage and dont do the numbers on the termlab almost every other battery does.. i would take a deka over a hc2000 any day of the week.. i gained switching to old dekas from new kinetiks. they look good.. just weaksauce.. go to any world finals and you will see very very little kinetik. more cactus, nsb, xs then anything

i have done alot of tests with them.. drop it tests and just using them myself for sometime.. they dont hold voltage and dont do the numbers on the termlab almost every other battery does.. i would take a deka over a hc2000 any day of the week.. i gained switching to old dekas from new kinetiks. they look good.. just weaksauce.. go to any world finals and you will see very very little kinetik. more cactus, nsb, xs then anything
I'm trying to decide what I should do for my batteries. I may go with XS D3100's or HC2400's. they're a 100 dollar price difference though.

I'm trying to decide what I should do for my batteries. I may go with XS D3100's or HC2400's. they're a 100 dollar price difference though.
there's a good reason for it too. you get what you pay for.

ive had my d3100 for a good 3 years now and it's still a beast and a half. they're worth every last penny.

so should i upgrade my starter battery and add another battery in the trunk as well? would my alternator be ok? im not trying to do comps or anything just street driven. not really going over 1500rms watts with my 2 amps(may upgrade a little in the future just dont want to sink a boat load of money into this car

Were the 3 loudest vehicles at USACI Finals Kinetik? 2 vehicles over 180 db another 179+db. How many firsts were there? What about Sound Quality? Which lanes are you referring too?

so should i upgrade my starter battery and add another battery in the trunk as well? would my alternator be ok? im not trying to do comps or anything just street driven. not really going over 1500rms watts with my 2 amps(may upgrade a little in the future just dont want to sink a boat load of money into this car
Depends on a few factors, if your lights are dimming do the big 3 upgrade then play the biggest bass song you have. Do the lights dim at the beginning of the bass note then catch up while the bass is still playing? If so its a slow regulator, if it continues to dim I would check the grounds. If it still dims it could be the car's alternator or battery or could be a car equipt with the ever lovely Electronic Load Dection put in place to eek out the last mile per gallon out of your car.

650 watts might not really need an upgrade 1500 watts should get about a 70 to 100 amp larger alternator that does over half its rated output at idle. If you add a second battery and it is an agm you will want to check to see if your electrical is keeping up by checking the resting voltage of the batteries 4 hours after running them. Should be well into the 12.6 to 12.7 volt range measured at the terminals with a DMM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.