Help with my amplifier

Robert09

I have a 1000 w amp max with 2 channels and it's bridgeable. I installed a 12" German subwoofer with dual voice coils. And ran them in series. My system sounds great until I push it too hard and the amplifier turns off. I have checked for proper voltage at the amp and have a good ground it only happen about 25-30 mins after I start pushing the spkr. And after the amp " cools down" it operates properly

The amps overheating and doing a safety turn off to protect itself from damage. If it's a cheaper amp it most likely has bad heat dissipation. Pretty common and normal occurrence.

You can either learn to live with it; not bump for sustained amounts of time; buy a better amp; move it somewhere more ventilated; build a cooling rack for it with external fans; or some combination. Odds are though if its a cheap amp it's gonna overheat now & then no matter what you do.

we don't know the amp mfr/model or the impedance of the coils. could be a slight short in the wiring that is only a problem at higher voltages. could be you are driving the amp into clipping and it protects itself and the speaker. could easily be thermal.

my best guess is noob decided to use gain as a volume know, and is over driving the **** out of the amp, causing it to overheat after playing for a while.

set your gains accordingly and it should stop overheating, if you need help with the CORRECT way of setting gains, please post model number and if possible full specs of amplifier.

my best guess is noob decided to use gain as a volume know, and is over driving the **** out of the amp, causing it to overheat after playing for a while.

set your gains accordingly and it should stop overheating, if you need help with the CORRECT way of setting gains, please post model number and if possible full specs of amplifier.

This

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

This

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.