Help with new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alc1489

So I have a 2012 Buick Verano with Bose system. Added a JBL GTX500 with a Pioneer champion 12 dvc 4ohm 400rms in a sealed box. Im thinking about buying another sub. I know the amp would be underpowering but i also have a premade dual sub box thats 1.5 cube each sealed that i want to put an aero port on each side. The sub specs for ported are 1.5 with a 3in wide by 6.5 long port. So im thinking about doing that with the old dual sub box and have the ports face up towards the rear deck. Also i would remover the 6x9s in the deck to add more bass in the car from the trunk. One sub sounds good only if i put one side of my rear seat down. If the seat is up i have to overexcursion the sub to make it really loud which is bad. Im hoping since im porting the subs they shouldnt require the full rms they need to sound loud. Only bad thing is i woukd have to run it at 4 ohms which is even less rms. Im not trying to rattle my car apart just looking to add bass to the already decent system is in the car with not having to have the seat laying down. At the moment i cant upgrade the amp as i have tied the wiring into the power cable thats already in the trunk. Its 8awg wire which is what the min amp requires. Made the instal really easy. If this is highly not recommended then i was thinking maybe another sub in a new ported box that is around 600 rms 2ohms since that amp has been dynoed to have hit around 600 rms. I was hoping to utilize the box i already have.

You have lots to learn youngin.. 1st, the gain is not a volume knob.. getting loud can be expensive. Push your equipment over the edge, and we'll be seeing a new thread from you lol.

Btw, your ported box option wil most likely not work as planned. The port, and sub will displace volume, so that will throw off whatever tuning you had in mind.

Newbie here. Not trolling
i used pioneer 3003 pro for almost a yr with over 900 rms to it ported in 1.63cf ad box.. 12" will need 1.5cf ad min. (so after port and sub disp) box will need to start out about 2cf total, sticking a port in sealed box don't work well.. this was my mirror with that sub in proper airspace box.. my wife has 2013 verano no bose though and haven't upgraded her stereo..

Ya im leaning on getting a new sub and box. This soundqubed hds2.112 looks good for the price and my amp should be able to power it well enough.

Ya im leaning on getting a new sub and box. This soundqubed hds2.112 looks good for the price and my amp should be able to power it well enough.
that jbl tested to make 800rms the sq are ok but most people say they don't play deep.. the pioneer 3003 is probably better..

The battery has mulitple power cables running to different parts of the car. Theres a distrubution plastic block that has some fuses running to it. Nothing major. Tapped into that and an already ground bolt into the frame made running wire easy and clean. Been banging for over a month no problems. Lights dont dim power been steady at 14.4 from dash menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i guess my last questions are, i would really like to use my double sub box. 1.5cf each sealed. My one sub is a pioneer w311d4 12in. I want to by another and rock both. The sub sealed says 1.25cf. I would think the sub displacement and some polly fill could make up the difference. Not ideal but would save some money. Other is i would have to have both at 4ohms to the amp. I do know the amp can push more than rated but i think they would still hit for my needs. They would be underpowered. I wasnt planning on going super loud anyways. Just enough to go through by back seat.

So i guess my last questions are, i would really like to use my double sub box. 1.5cf each sealed. My one sub is a pioneer w311d4 12in. I want to by another and rock both. The sub sealed says 1.25cf. I would think the sub displacement and some polly fill could make up the difference. Not ideal but would save some money. Other is i would have to have both at 4ohms to the amp. I do know the amp can push more than rated but i think they would still hit for my needs. They would be underpowered. I wasnt planning on going super loud anyways. Just enough to go through by back seat.
we've had this same question like 5 times it won't work well.. listen to us or not..

naw dude, dont let the dozen or so folks who flame on newbies posts dissuade you from asking more questions. Some of these dudes (even tho they truly want to help) can seem off-puttish. Stick around if you have unanswered questions, We like to help man

Okay so, doing a little more research. Im looking at these subs jbl stage 1210 12in. There rms apiece is 250-300 rms which my amp is good for 2. There sealed recommended is about 1.5. Im thinking 2 subs is better than one so i would assume they should be louder than one sub ( pioneer w3003d4) in a ported box, that i was looking at. Also cheaper than buying new sub and box.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.