Alpine type r va power acoustic gothic

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mellowmatt92

Arkansas
So this is just pure curiosity. I currently have two alpine type r 12’s. I was wondering how two power accoustik Gothic series 12’s would compare to my alpines? The gothic seems to be a louder sub just by looking at it and researching. Any one got any input on this? My alpines are the old style. Type r sw122r I believe. DVC 2 ohm. The alpines have 600-750 rms each and the gothics have 1200 rms each

those rms ratings are overrated.. even if u get a sub that does handle more power then u probably need more power for it to get loud.. if u are stay with same amp then u need subs that are more efficient than ones u have to get louder.. are your subs sealed or ported/ if ported what is box tuned at (or what kinda of box is it) what amp do u have?

those rms ratings are overrated.. even if u get a sub that does handle more power then u probably need more power for it to get loud.. if u are stay with same amp then u need subs that are more efficient than ones u have to get louder.. are your subs sealed or ported/ if ported what is box tuned at (or what kinda of box is it) what amp do u have?
I have a planet audio pulse 4000.1. Not the best amp. But it’ll rattle my car with them two alpines. Slot ported dual 12 box tuned to 34 Hz

So this is just pure curiosity. I currently have two alpine type r 12’s. I was wondering how two power accoustik Gothic series 12’s would compare to my alpines? The gothic seems to be a louder sub just by looking at it and researching. Any one got any input on this? My alpines are the old style. Type r sw122r I believe. DVC 2 ohm. The alpines have 600-750 rms each and the gothics have 1200 rms each
your alpines have a stronger motor and have more cone control and overall woofer balance aka it'll be louder and sounds way better and can function in a smaller box than that power acoustik garbage which you will lose both SQ and loudness.

I have a planet audio pulse 4000.1. Not the best amp. But it’ll rattle my car with them two alpines. Slot ported dual 12 box tuned to 34 Hz
u need better amp not subs that does maybe 600rms u need 1200-2k rms.. did u make or have the box made? cause if it's prefab u can't trust the tuning they claim., after sub disp. could be 45hz.. even a rockford 1200 would be huge upgrade but if u want a nice amp to upgrade with wolfram 1500 does 1600rms if u want just more power the audiopipe amps test well for the $..

u need better amp not subs that does maybe 600rms u need 1200-2k rms.. did u make or have the box made? cause if it's prefab u can't trust the tuning they claim., after sub disp. could be 45hz.. even a rockford 1200 would be huge upgrade but if u want a nice amp to upgrade with wolfram 1500 does 1600rms if u want just more power the audiopipe amps test well for the $..
Yeah my thing is can’t afford a 200 amp

Honestly if I’m only pushing them to half potential I wouldn’t be able to handle them at full power daily. The pressure they create now is enough to hurt my ears sometimes lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.