Help with Std Cab box plan

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mtrhd329
10+ year member

I am attempting to build a ported downfiring box for a 79 chevy truck. I have bucket seats and am going to make the box run down the middle of the seats. My Max space is 48" long by 17" Wide by 10" tall. I am planning on using an Alphasonik PSW815 which has a 8" mounting depth. I would like to go more towards SPL than SQ. Anyone have any ideas for placement of the port and dimensoins? Here is a rough idea of how the box should look mius the port.

boxdimensoins.jpg

Your measurements are wrong

Only have 43” from the back wall to the dash and that without raising the box off the floor

Not sure about the 17” width must have really narrow seats

I wouldn’t down fire a 15” sub either

Why SPL ? I’m not familiar with any rules that will allow you to have a center console enclosure going from front to back (in front of the A pillar)

Maybe two or three 10” subs; one really good 12”

I double checked that measurements and I have 54'' to the back wall but I only want to use 48" of it. My dash is 10" off the tranny hump so the box will fit in there and I was going to make some trim plates for it on the sides to tie it into the floor.

What do you mean by rules? As far as I am concerned there are no DOT regulations regarding what you can do with the center console. (at least in California) This is just a box I am looking to build for me. I like really LOUD bass, and I got a deal on a $300 alphsonic sub for $120. I have had 10's and 12's and on 15 in a similar setup with an 88 chevy truck and i LOVED it. So loud!! I was just looking to do it right this time and build a properly sized ported box to get the most from this sub.

Alphasonic deal fell through. Guy decided he didnt wanna sell it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

So I think I am going to go with a 2005 model kicker cvr 15. Ported box specs call for 3-5 Cu Ft.

I can get some pictures of my buddies when I get home... It won't show much, but it will show how he did it... His is sealed and molds up under the dash where a screen is mounted. I have pictures on my computer at home.

Ya mine are from a mercury tracer. THey are leather too pretty comfotable. And very small.

How do I find out how much port area I will need for this sub. I have everything to build this box but cant seem to get an answer as to how much port area is needed. Any clue?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.