Custom box using two diffrent size pairs of subs

Im thinking about building a custom box for my mini truck housing a pair of 10's and a pair of 12's anyone ever do this?How did it sound if so? If it seems like a bad idea ill just run 4-rockford HX2 10's,or my 4-12's just thought id design a box to make it diffrent.let me know what you think?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

a lot of people o here will say that that will sound like ****, but then again they just listen to what everyone else says. I say try it, two tens two 12's and see how you like it

a lot of people o here will say that that will sound like ****, but then again they just listen to what everyone else says. I say try it, two tens two 12's and see how you like it
you've got a nice little system going on, yet you've got the ignorance of a n00bx.

how about a crossover separating the 10's and the 12's? Just wondering.

I'm the type that tries things that most people laugh at, but you never know what you can learn from your experience.

Let's say it does sound like crap, but what if you were determined to make it work then actually did make it work, you then can thumb your nose at the nay sayers.

I see a lot of guys here make the largest box possible, personally i try to make the smallest box possible, but that's just me.

how about a crossover separating the 10's and the 12's? Just wondering.
I'm the type that tries things that most people laugh at, but you never know what you can learn from your experience.

Let's say it does sound like crap, but what if you were determined to make it work then actually did make it work, you then can thumb your nose at the nay sayers.

I see a lot of guys here make the largest box possible, personally i try to make the smallest box possible, but that's just me.
It will sound like crap. Your clouded judgment will cause the subs to sound "great" and "awesome" however.

No one makes the largest box possible, nor the smallest. We aim to build the proper enclosure, usually following manufacturer's suggested specs.

Two different sized woofers in the smallest box possible? Gonna sound awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Here the REAL story.

While not IDEAL...it will work as long as all subs are in thier own enclosure.

I personally have seen a system like this in action (2-12" and 1-15).. I try to get the owner to change the design to 5-12",but he refuses. He loves it.

So do what you like-its your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.