help??

Participant count
  • Participant list
dude, Contact Nate at Excessive Amperage. Alternators can charge to whatever you need. Example: I have an adjustable voltage ragulator. I can charge from 13V up to 20V. I have mine set at 15.2V. and charging begins at 1000rpm. for my setup. Reaches max at 3K I think. and it does 285amps Max at max. so. Yes you can do if you got the $ and the need...

The best way to sustain that kind of power your looking at running is batteries.... Get yourself a battery bank

the biggest thing you want to consider, when talking about alts and batts... is what type of batteries your going to be using (rated AH), versus the amps output... if you add too many large batteries to a single alt, you can burn the alt up...

another REALLY big thing to consider, is when the alt reaches max output... some of the lower quality alt companies out there, use changes in pulley size, to aquire higher output... but that, can mean it wont hit this output until a higher rpm.... meaning, if your parked, and at full tilt, you'll either have to rev really high, or suffer some voltage drop... just food for thought

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.