Hertz And Sundown

vetteman007

So I have a new sundown sax100.4v2 and currently have Rockford t2 components in the doors. They sound good but after listening to some Hertz HSK 163 3 way components at SBN I fell in love with them. My question is will the sundown do them justice as far as sound and also would they be loud enough to keep up with my bottom end witch is a sundown scv3000 on sundown x12v2 tuned to 30hz? The Hertz would be passive with the mid and tweet in the A-piller and woofer in the factory location. The car is small, Lexus IS300. Thanks

I don't see why the Sundown amp "wouldn't do them justice". If your doors are treated, should be fine. "Keeping up with your substage" is subjective.

I like a heavy low end of frequency response, so others probably think my mids/highs don't keep up. It's fine for my preference. I'd run those Hertz mids with that substage, but you may think they're being over-run. How were the T2 components?

I like the rockford but the older I get I tend to lean a little more toward a little less bright tweeter. The t2 has a metal tweeter.
Those Hertz, even with a soft dome are considered some of the brighter tweets out their though...

I like the rockford but the older I get I tend to lean a little more toward a little less bright tweeter. The t2 has a metal tweeter.
dang, your ears must be in good shape. The older i get, the brighter the better for me. As in the high hats and super top end sparkle/detail. I hate sibilance and harsh SSSS and SHHH sounds no matter what age I am.

So I have a new sundown sax100.4v2 and currently have Rockford t2 components in the doors. They sound good but after listening to some Hertz HSK 163 3 way components at SBN I fell in love with them. My question is will the sundown do them justice as far as sound and also would they be loud enough to keep up with my bottom end witch is a sundown scv3000 on sundown x12v2 tuned to 30hz? The Hertz would be passive with the mid and tweet in the A-piller and woofer in the factory location. The car is small, Lexus IS300. Thanks
the sundown IS very clean. BUT i would get a decent processor to over ride the internal crossover network. I initally used it and then bypassed it and i was very happy with it after i got a decent EQ..

you dont need anything fancy just this IS PLENTY...

ASP-Q1 - Zapco 6-Channel Analog Signal Processor

its over kill overbuilt but you can rest assured its a great nit that doesn't add any coloration..

that being said your gonna be hard pressed to hear a difference between a good electronics xover and another amp unless you move into the very high-end like are SE and zapco le or MMATS SQ 4160 helix competition.

even then unless you've hear the band live and the recording equipment they used was top notch you would be wasting your time..

what CD player do you have?

dang, your ears must be in good shape. The older i get, the brighter the better for me. As in the high hats and super top end sparkle/detail. I hate sibilance and harsh SSSS and SHHH sounds no matter what age I am.
my sensitivity is starting to get bad in the mid-bass range its still really good everywhere else Id imagine thats from those ******* engines rooms.. then again those ******* hearing booths i can hear my heart beat, lol im like dont breath dont breath beepp ahhh, KMSL

speaking of that i swear when this rig was swiching over generators. right as the synced they started drilling(drill motors can **** 10000 amps at 4160! those generators came up to full throttle in about 1 1/2 seconds and it had to be AT LEAST 140 DB.. the entire room sounded like you burped 4 15s at 60hz. lol

this room was prtty big id say 150x150 with a 35 ft ceiling and it was water tight(off shore rig)..

i got a ******* boner at that moment,,

they have 4 caterpillar 3618s in that *****(about 3 mill a pop)..

if i was rich Id ride with a tralor with a small diesel generator and battery bank and let it charge some amps at 300 volts DC on a few taramps 50ks... lol

I currently have the pioneer4300 but it will be replaced soon. And the amp wont be bridged. It runs my rear fill as well. However I may in the future get a second 4 channel and run active, but not sure I'm ready for that yet. lol

I ran T2 components , IMHO overrated

Hertz > RF

whether they keep up , only your opinion matters , its subjective , i think they will be fine

at the end of the day its an improvement

I also use a Sax 100.4, 6.5 in the kick panels, tweeters in the a-pillars

i went from T2, to CDT Gold, to DD , now Sundown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.