Hertz vs. JL vs. MOMO coaxial

DanH
10+ year member

I'm looking at replacing my front 6.5" speakers and I'd like to keep this under $200 a pair. I'm wondering if I should go with the JL VR600, the Polk MOMO650, or either the Hertz Dieci or Energy 6.5."

Any thoughts or comments on the above? Also, can someone either post or PM me with the MSRP on the DCX 165 and the ECX 165?

I don't have a spot for separate tweeters and I don't want to drill into my doors. I've looked at the CDT Braxials, but they're a bit big for doors. I'm kind of stuck with something 2.5" deep and under.

I have not heard the Hertz Coax, but in comps....I don't feel there is much that touches them. I would imagine that they put the same quality into the coax. What price can you get the hertz at?

IMO....the JL and the Polk are not in the same league.

What do you folks think about the Focal Access and Polyglass coax compared to the Hertz Hi Energy coax? Are the Morel Tempos any good or do I need to upgrade to the Integra to really get something good?

And what do priced run on the two Focals and Morel?

Ive got the hertz HCX coaxials (hi-energy line), which is probably close to 3x to price of the dieci line. They are midbass beasts. I have them as my rear fill, gains arn't even up, and they gave me a ton more midbass. im running them at full range crossed at 70hz 12db on a sundown 100.2

Cant speak for the hertz, but I would highly suggest the rsd coaxes. They will suprise you. Best coax set ive heard thus far. As for possible comp set check out the exile xtecs. Very nice set aswell, and the tweeter can be mounted to the mid.

Cant speak for the hertz, but I would highly suggest the rsd coaxes. They will suprise you. Best coax set ive heard thus far. As for possible comp set check out the exile xtecs. Very nice set aswell, and the tweeter can be mounted to the mid.
Would you say they're better or worse than the Polk db650 coax I already have? Also, how is the midbass on them because I may not have the budget to add a subwoofer now.

I have the Polk MOMO6500 (components) in the front .

Polk db650 in the back.

I love Polk!

I bought the db650 4yrs ago! I had them in my 93 sentra as front speakers. I now have them as rear fills on my 04 Sentra! lol the Momo6500 in the front ofcourse.

The db650 hit at 40hz (lows) people always ask me wat kind of 6X9 do i have in the back? lol "they r 6.5s" lol. I don't have them amped either. I never hear any distortion.

P.S: They take a while to break in though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.