Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

just went to home depot today to buy some mdf and i was buying the wood dude who worked there said, "you building a box for subs?" i go yes sir, yes i am and then he goes on to explain to me how he had a system with 2 15" visonik subs with an alpine 12" type X. Went on to say how he was giving 1200 watts to each sub with 3 sony amps.

All these stories are great, I love this thread! Here's a recent one of mine:

I was at a party last night and this guy I know had heard about my new setup from a couple people and we started talkin. He's got three 10" type R's in the back of his truck that hit pretty hard supposedly so I gave him some credit from the get go and hope he knows his ****. WRONG MOVE. He was tellin me how he had a buddy with two 12w7's that blew his windshield out every competition he went to and he always got first place cuz he runs all JL. But when he started talking about the special NEW w5's, that's when I got over it and went to get another beer lol.

I went to a show a while back. Before we all went to tthe show we stopped at the audio shop that was putting it on. There is a dropped Ford Ranger like mine sitting in the parking lot.

I walk over and look in there and see two AudioPipe 15s. They are in a sealed box. I asked the guy what he was hitting. He flat out told me im hitting a 153 on the TL.

So I asked if I could sit in it and listen to it. He said sure. So I get in it and he puts in a bass mekanik song. It get ok loud, but not like mine. I said I think I got you in dbs. He said yea right. And then proceeded to ask me what I had in my truck. I said two CVR 15s tuned to 32hz. He looked at me like I was stupid.

Then he said that he was gonna enter the competition that night. I said ok Ill enter also.

He went first before I did and it turned out he only his a 131.8 on the TL.

Then I made my run and laid down a 146 flat.

The guy would not even look at me anymore. I could tell he was pissed.

I thought it was pretty funny.

i have a many a stories of people telling me ********...ok backround first: i had 2 12" jl W7s and 2 JL 1000/1's and was the loudest system in my school and pretty much any other school in tampa that i knew of...some stories dont have to do with my system but that was jus to let you know for a couple of them...

Story 1:

I was talking to a kid who knows some about systems and i talk to him alot...so we were talking about systems and whatnot and i jus recently introduced him into the RE world...a couple weeks later he starts talking about naples and this kid he knows up there that has a range rover on 22s and has 4 15" W7s with like 6000 watts...i just played along knowing they dont make 15s just ignoring him...he then later after bein into RE more told me the kid had 4 15" XXX's with 8000 watts...i knew the girl in naples that knew him and i went up there once to do something and met this kid...well the kid ended up having 4 audiobahns and like 1000 watts...i went back and told him that i went up to naples and he said cool then started talking about the kid telling me that same story again and i stopped him and said bro i went up there and saw the system and he doesnt have XXX's and he said oh well he has the 4 15" W7s and i said they dont make 15" W7s and he said oh well i dont remember maybe they were different a different JL line and i said no bro i saw his system he had 4 audiobahns and he said oh they look like W7s...people who ******** just to sound cool piss me the FVCK OFF err...

Story 2:

Ok well my friends tell everyone about my system because people talk smack about theirs and one day i was at some place with a friend from Jesuit (a highschool up here) and a bunch of other kids from jesuit were there....we went to a kids table and he went to the bathroom and someone started talkin bout systems and one of the kids said yea well i know someone who will kill all your systems and he said yea a kid i know Tony (my name is trey) with 2 W7s will kill you all and i said in what car what amps etc...he said oh yea they are in a blue GMC Envoy(my car) and he has 2 1000/1s (my amps) its sick...note i have never met nor seen this kid in my whole life....we then went outside later that night and i went to leave and turned up my system to get his attention and he looked over and his jaw dropped lol stupid kids

Story 3:

Another friend is telling me about how a guy he knows has 4 18" SoloXs in a van etc and was hitting a 188...i said **** bro thats ****ing loud sarcastically and he didnt catch it but he then proceeded to say yea he hit like a 150 on just his door speakers...omg i was laughin inside for hours

Story 4:

A guy at work was telling me about his tens and how they are soo loud and how he has a 3000 watt amp..i asked him how much he spent he said oh only like 600 bucks....ended up being a legacy 3000 max the red and clear one...and a bandpass with 2 duals in it...wow is all i said...im gunna make him **** himself when i get the MT in in a few days

a couple more stories jus too lazy to type the rest im gunna take a nap lol

Ok, I have a short one for you, nothing special but it was funny the way it went down...

So I got a new job and for months I had been casually mentioning when I got something in. First my Pro60's, then my 880PRS, then some new PRS amps, got my car deadened etc...

So after a couple months of this the girl at the front desk whom I know decently tells me about how her boyfriend spent $1000 on the system in her accord, and built it all himself. Saying stuff like, "you really have no idea, ask my friends, it's so loud they can't handle it..." Well, at this point I am interested because $1000 is roughly the cost of mine and I want to know what she has. She can't tell me anything except she thinks it's mostly pioneer.

Well I like pioneer and I am imagining its the SPL line of stuff right? Well after weeks of her asking eventually one day leaving work she tells me I have to demo my system for her friend and boyfriend. We get out to the parking lot and first I make her play hers. i know what's up immediately, she has an older JVC deck, an OLD 12" pioneer IMPP in a small sealed cube in the center of the trunk, a no name couple hundred watt amp, and sony xplod 6x9's.

SO she plays the tootsie roll song and vibrates the back seat a little bit.

I smile when she asks "so do you REALLY think you're louder than that?" in all seriousness. I just told her to grab any CD she wanted and come over to my car.

My setup isn't the bee's knee's, but I am running 1200 watts to two CVR 12's ported to 30hz. 300 watts per side to my Pro60's, off of an epicenter and an 880PRS, but it is a mid 140's system and hers can't be over 130, so there is a huge difference between the two cars right...

Well she hands me Megadeth and I put it in, the two girls start saying things like "wow what a nice deck". I give the epicenter knob a small twist knowing they don't know the difference and going for maximum effect.

Well, when the first song opened up I had it at about volume 50and the wave it threw out would make anyone proud. I saw their faces go from smiling anticipation to "what the ****" in about two seconds flat.

She offered me $200 on the spot for the woofers a minute later. I didn't have the heart to tell her what it would take to get her sound like mine. She sold it all a couple months later.

I will probably never forget the reaction as all of them stood by my open passenger door and felt all of their clothes rippling.

A week later I showed it to one of her other friends and he almost **** his pants when I started setting off car alarms about two hundred feet away, I guess decent systems are hard to find around here...

This guy I work with told me about the 12" volfenhag sub he used to have. It was so powerful it unscrewed one of the screws from the box and ****** it into the voice coil. He never has explained why after blowing that one he hasn't bought another.

Another one: A guy that sold my brother some subs (he only bought them to resell them for more lol) told my brother that he could make his sealed box into a ported box by taking the terminal cups out. I think he just wanted to get $10 out of my brother for that box... but there's a chance that he's actually that dumb. I guess I once was... first box I had I drilled holes out and stuck 2 ports out of another box into it. Didn't know anything about port tuning or placement or anything. That still doesn't take away from my love for the terminal cup trick.

I met this guy that worked at the local zaxbys here. My friend actually went to the back door one night and drug him out so he could show us his 150db+ system. SO he gets out there and opens of the doors of the ext cab s10 he has, I look in there, and he has two 12" lightening audio walmart subs. I had to keep from busting out laughing. I think he said the amp was lightening audio also.

So Im like okay. He turns his system on and it sounded like total **** on top of not being anywhere loud. I said you need to sit in my truck. So he comes over and gets in the passenger side. I played some bass mekanik song and his jaw just dropped. He immediately got out and gave me some dirty look like I was stupid for being louder than him. (This was when I had my 2 CVR 12s in my truck). Then he took off back inside mad as a hornet.

But anyways, I was going through the drivethrough there and I saw him talking to his buddies in the back parking lot. So I pull over there and I see him turn his system down. I parked next to him and asked him if he got that Lightening Audio **** out of there. He told me that he had sold it. (after i heard it for a sec and then watched him turn it down. lol) So again I get him to come sit in my truck. But I had the 2 15s now. I put in a bass mekanik cd and played a 42 hz tone and I thought he was going to pass out. He got out, and his eyes were as big as half dollars and his jaw was just hanging down like so......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif. So I was backing away and I told him that I would see him around somewhere. He said under his breath that I wasnt good enough to be in his presence with my crappy system. Im like whatever, I just backed away with the system banging and he just looked at me with his dirty look again.

I like hearing, "My buddy was sponsored by Kicker last year."

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Then when I tell them I've never heard of them, they are all surprised..........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

yessss i've been looking for this thread.

anyways, i started a new job about 3 weeks back at Do-It-Best's warehouse in Medina Ohio. So i started talking to some of the other employees and of course, the subject of car audio comes up. One of the guys who works there (who is pretty ignorant if you ask me) Ask's me if i have a system in my car, and i say yes of course, and then i go on and tell him what i have and all that other good stuff, so i ask him what he has, and he's like oh, 2 audiobahn 10's. Im like alright that's cool, this dude's like 35 and he's still got some subs even though they're audiobahs. So we talk a little bit more about it, and i mention that i used to have an 18" RE Sx, now this guy seemed pretty educated and legit up untill this point, where he proceeds to say "yeah, i used to have 4 19" Kicker w6's", then trying to be nice i go, "well i thought JL made the w6's, and that ive never seen or heard of a 19" sub", and he's like "no, kicker made them back in 1994, and then JL stole the model #, and so kicker stopped making 19's " at this point im on the verge of not being able to hold in the laughter, and about to slap this dude. So then he (wanting to change the subject) goes "my audiobahn's are for sale.... $600 if you want them" at that point, my jaw just dropped open and i walked away.

It just makes me mad when people lie to try to impress me, i mean im not going to judge you by your system or anything, what you like is what you like, and if it sounds good to you then that's all tha tmatters

I guess im pretty gullable and ignorant looking, because i get lots of stories like this all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Ok, my story...ummm.

The first of the two fernindina beach dB Drag 1x events in fernindina beach this year im walking around, my first dB Drag show in a while. Im Fancying the Treo Truck that was there and looking at some of the 150-159.9 Bass Race trucks. Keeping my eye on these two CRX's with Team Kicker plastered all over them. Didnt get there in time to see them qualify but they looked pretty loud since looks are inversly proportionate to SPL.

I walk over to look at penecale electronic's show/demo truck and wasnt paying attention to the stand. Well im walking about 15ft from the lanes and its almost the end of qualifying. Some cargo van pulls in and im not really paying attention. Aparently he was trigger happy because as soon as the little asian/electonic/robot voice says "Go...." i almost **** myself. look up at the board and i was just ~10ft from 167.X run which i didnt expect at all and i dont think he had much, if any, deadener.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...