Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

ive got a good one.... this kid that i hate and is like a huge wigger rolled up next to me as i was putting the faceplate on my new 9855... well he says nice deck CT what is it pioneer? im like.... no its an alpine also known as u cant afford it... hes like o yeah *****, u cant afford this.... *while he turns up his system" he has a 15" treo in a shitty prefab box from hell... (like seriosly so many subs have been screwed in here i was confident that i could break out a ring from where the screws have basically cut out a new hole)*box from hell* anyway since my hifonics sub amp blew im running an alpine mrd-605 (600 watts) and am running only one of my beloved type rs, (since the amp is only 600 watts and is only 2 ohm stable) as i have to giggle i turn on my one type r in my 2 cf 33hz box and own his 15" needless to say he made excuses...then i look around this **** car to see the ol power wire thru the door and under the fender install speed up trick, and his power wire is just out in plain view this wire looks "badass" to him.... kids like these are why i wish i was bigger somtimes just so i could punk him out and then laugh even harder at him than i was at his system haha

tommyk7sh.jpg

FTW!!!

NG

Funny to me, I'm building a wicked one right now for a pair of 8's

3f36ca30.jpg

Self proclaimed, 19 y/o stereo god down the street ( just got a job as an installer at a local hack shop ) Argued with me for about 5 minutes, saying I was going to have tons of port noise because of the way the ports flared. He then went into a rant about how he could build me a ported competition box the right way if I could afford it. Got a chuckle out of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well my bro brought this kid over to see some type r's we had in the closet for sale and says "wow" and starts pushing on the cone to see if there locked up. He asks me a few questions about them like whats there RMS/peak, VC, How long did i use them. thats all good he says. Then i ask him what kinda amp is he gonna use on them hes like well i have a Sony1200 watt amp. So i asked if he had a system before and he starts telling me how he blew 2 12"L5 solobarics with it so im like OK. I was like dont worry man these will take 600w all day.Then it got intresting he told me "well just to be on the safe side i'll have my friend wire them at 2ohms." So i told them that they cant either 4 or 1. "well my friend knows all about wireing subs so he can do it". So i said OK you want them? After he left i just busted a gut laughing i told my brother he'll be comeing back asking for a 1ohm amp:D

yah dude some kid told me that an mrd-605 alpine could run 2 type rs i told him it would never work.... hes like well they can run fine on 300 a piece and im like yah at 1 ohm.... that amp runs at 2 ohms.... hes like well hook them up i bet u they work... i said i KNOW they wont he bet me 20 bucks it would work..... lets just say i now have more money towards my new amp.... went into protect right away lol

How about an electrical horror story. One of my younger co-workers approached me today. He wanted me to look over his power wiring he had his friend do for him. So at lunch time we adjourned to the parking lot. Cool ,guy has a tracker almost identical to mine. +1 for him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Anyway it's pretty fugging cold out so I'm kind of in a hurry. He pops his hood and I see no power wire at all . I'm old but it's kind of hard to miss a big a$$ wire coming from the battery, fuse holder, or somewhere. There was no wire, no fuse holder, no nothing. So I asked if he ran a power wire from the bat. Dude said he did. So I looked closer, I see something wrapped in duct tape trailing off behind the battery. So I investigate a little further to find that his "friend" wired the entire setup ( power & ground ) with 12 gauge speaker wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif So I asked why dude why his Friend used this wire. He said he went to get a wiring kit, and his Friend told him all he would need was a roll of 12 gauge wire. I told him he needed to rip all that chit out. Take it back to his Friend and severely horse whip him with it. Then go buy the amp kit and bring it too work, and I would help him rewire it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P.s. I told him not to pull it out until tomorrow so I could get a pic for you guys. I'll bring my camera to work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My friend ran a 10 gauge power wire to his MTX 1501D... I dont know how it made it... When he unhooked the amp, he saw the ends of the 10 gauge wire was melted...

I messed up when I didnt buy that amp for $250 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...

Yay for pics !

Shure anyone can install an amp,speakers and a H/U but can they do it properly is the real question....

One time i used some speaker wire as a fuse because the stupid fuses kept blowing and another time because i didnt have a distro block so i used a fuse holder and a blown fuse with wire on it

Funny to me, I'm building a wicked one right now for a pair of 8's
3f36ca30.jpg

Self proclaimed, 19 y/o stereo god down the street ( just got a job as an installer at a local hack shop ) Argued with me for about 5 minutes, saying I was going to have tons of port noise because of the way the ports flared. He then went into a rant about how he could build me a ported competition box the right way if I could afford it. Got a chuckle out of me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ive considered building one. Keep me/us posted on how it sounds once its done. Ive built a 10" DBII and it sounded pretty good runnig a cheap sub in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...