holes left behind from tweets

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dozy_production
10+ year member

Poel
Well, i had some oz matrix tweeters in my door panel next to the window trim. A shop messed with my gains and now i need new speakers, that will probably go into pods. I dont want to leave a huge hole in my panel? do you guys have any suggestions for what to do to cover it up? was thinking of putting some plexiglass over and mabye a neon... just to set some mood. if i were to do this would i just wire the neon wire to the illumination wire?

You could probably get new door panels for about $25 each. But it you wanted to do neons, you'd hook them up to a constant 12v sorce and a ground spot/wire and use a toggle switch.

That would be nice to do. You could hook it to your remote wire that way it will come on with your amp. You could also just do some glass work and cover the hole up.
He will still want to use a toggle switch, unless he wants the lights on all the time when the car's on.

i wouldnt mind for the lights to be on. I like the switch idea. I already have my cd8445 on a switch and was just wondering if i could apply that to the lights. thanks for the responses. When you say do some glass work, thats what my questions was really meant for. How to go about that. Merely make a cup with the same diameter as the hole and merely plug in and adhere/screw on? How about using a plexiglass and having the neon underneath... i just dont know how i can make the plexiglass have that smooth finish around the edges of the door panel.

If you just want to fill in the holes and the panel is made of plastic. get some duramix 40-40 or some liquid plastic and fill in the holes. Use something like cardboard with wax paper over it for a backer while the plastic dries. Then just and it smooth. Little colored texture spray. And your good as new. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.