Home audio/ Xmas present to myself

hrmm! would blu ray link directly to my ps3, wirelessly? or does it synch to the tv?!
Samsung 1000W 5.1Ch. 3D WiFi Bluray Home Theater System HT-E5400ZA - Best Buy
If you went this route (for ease, instead of piecing a system which would ultimately have better SQ), this has a built in 1080p 3d Blu Ray player and an HDMI in. If you were watching discs, I'd use this as it's 8 year newer tech than the PS3 (although the PS3 Blu Ray reader is phenomenal). Just run an HDMI cable from your PS3 to this for surround and then another HDMI out from this to your TV to get the PS3 and this thing's movies on the TV.

I'm picking up this one Samsung HT E6500 soon.

dayton bookshelves were on sale for $30 a pair, cant beat that at all, I have 3 pairs, then like mentioned get a dayton powered sub, really cant get any better for the $$
Now we are talking.. any suggestions on a reciever to power these? of course be able to add a woofer into the mix later //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

honestly, go pick up a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system. for the money it works as a very nice bedroom system. im actually using one in my livingroom ATM and ill i did was remove the plate amp and replace the 6.5" sub with 2 ID8 V3's.

Matt

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

actually the Dayton idea will probobly be better. dayton powered subs are pretty hartd to beat for the cash.

Matt

bought a used harmon/kardon avr-247 for $230 (from this forum actually). pair of mtx bookshelves, they fit my entertainment center just right, $200 but you could find something cheaper for just as good i'm sure.

the sub, my pride and joy, sundown audio e-8 ($60) in a transmission line enclosure. powered by a elemental designs lt.200 ($95 at the time, can't get em anymore though). this thing ****** rocks, people can't believe all that sound comes from a little 8"

2.1 setup, cheap, great for music and video games.

This is a very solid setup. Two tips: purchase some Poly-Fill and moderately stuff the insides of the cabinets. Reduces coloration fairly significantly and gives a much cleaner midbass. You could also put in a higher quality cap for the tweeter, but then you start to negate the benefit of the speakers' cost. I own six pairs of these, all in varying configurations. However, the best pair is in my bedroom which simply has poly-fill and is powered by one of Dayton's 50x2 Tripath amps.

That subwoofer might also be a bit overkill as the 10" version is cheaper and will give you plenty of performance for your room size with respect to your mains. Happy DIY'ing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.