Hooking up componet sets

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had a friend MOBEIOUS tell me that when you hook up a componet set...you hook the mid to the tweet section on the crossover and the tweet to the mids section is this the right way of doing this?? but then what do you hook the mids to...-3db,-0db,-6db...I really dont see this being true....but this is my first time ever hooking up a componet set so i might be wrong...Please help me out thanks alot
definitely doesnt sound like thats legit. why would you switch them around?

do that and you blow the tweeters. that person either doesn't like you or doesn't know.

just as the owner's manual says, tweeters wire to the tweeter output. mids wire to the mid output. the crossover protects the tweeter from damaging low frequencies. -3dB, 0dB, -6dB are attenuation options for the tweeter, used depending on the mounting. if they are pointed at you, use -6dB. if they are pointed at the opposite person, use -3dB, if they aren't pointed at anyone, use 0dB.

do that and you blow the tweeters. that person either doesn't like you or doesn't know.
just as the owner's manual says, tweeters wire to the tweeter output. mids wire to the mid output. the crossover protects the tweeter from damaging low frequencies. -3dB, 0dB, -6dB are attenuation options for the tweeter, used depending on the mounting. if they are pointed at you, use -6dB. if they are pointed at the opposite person, use -3dB, if they aren't pointed at anyone, use 0dB.
Thanks for your help man! And i just spoke with him and I kinda knew he was bullshitn me...i just wanted to make sure... he said good job you finally did some research and found out the right way to hook them up...he HATES me asking him questions if i am not paying him to do the work...thanks again

Thanks for your help man! And i just spoke with him and I kinda knew he was bullshitn me...i just wanted to make sure... he said good job you finally did some research and found out the right way to hook them up...he HATES me asking him questions if i am not paying him to do the work...thanks again
sounds like hes someone you shouldnt be going to for questions lol

lulz .... but what yall dont see is him blowing up my AIM asking a million questions.... i just figured i would make him figure out the correct way of doing it instead of relying on someone to tell him the correct way

this is the guy that didnt want to pay $100 for a full system install but yet asked me on how to do everything every step of the way

haha
definitely do research before asking a question. everything you've ever wanted to know is somewhere on the internet. the real trick is learning how to properly search and knowing what terms to search for.

i made this thread of car audio links and references a while ago:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1318392/page/1#Post1318392
I am very glad you are a member of this forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.