How do I replace DVC sub with SVC sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

smith5879

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
My Challenger has the Harman Kardon audio package and comes with a pair of subs in the trunk. They are dual voice coil subs and on one sub, only one voice coil is hooked up. Replacing that one seems pretty straight forward. Remove old sub and put in new one. The other sub has both voice coils hooked up though. How do I do the wiring on that one when putting in the single voice coil sub? Do I just leave one connector unplugged or do I need to splice the lines together and then plug it into the new sub? Something else? Lost on this one and would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
My Challenger has the Harman Kardon audio package and comes with a pair of subs in the trunk. They are dual voice coil subs and on one sub, only one voice coil is hooked up. Replacing that one seems pretty straight forward. Remove old sub and put in new one. The other sub has both voice coils hooked up though. How do I do the wiring on that one when putting in the single voice coil sub? Do I just leave one connector unplugged or do I need to splice the lines together and then plug it into the new sub? Something else? Lost on this one and would appreciate any help.
I doubt that. That doesn't make sense. Use a multimeter and check the coils. Maybe post a picture.

Here are a few pictures.

HK wiring 1.PNG

HK wiring 2.PNG

HK wiring 3.PNG

Last edited:
Before I started to cut wiring, I would just leave one of the connectors unplugged. Based on your 3rd image, it looks like the wiring was spliced at the factory to create 2 connectors for that DVC sub. Keep us informed of your progress.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...