How do YOU Secure your box to Your car?

What kind of car is it?? are you just trying to secure it from theft or something? the weight of the box should stabilize it. If you have the box in your truck then you can just use small L brackets.

In my car, I replaced the little flimsy piece of cardbord covering the spare tire well with some 1/2" MDF. Tightend it back down, and then used L brackets and secured to my box and the floor

L brackets, but I only screw the bracket to the floor, not the box (since there is no need to). 2 brackets per side and you'll be good. As for security, like a give a crap. The box weighs like 140lbs so good luck to any one person that wants to get that out. And if you know you're going into a bad place, park backwards close to a wall.

I used to use L brackets, but my 100 Pound 18" Ava got stolen with those....I need it to be safe from theft, atleast if they damage it I could get a recone...

Btw its a subarban, would bolting it down be an option?

if you can get nuts on the bolts from under the car, hell yea, go for it...thats actually the best option I think. Use thick L brackets with security screws also would work, or should.

hmm check the back of the suburban see if there are any drainage holes ( looks like a black plug made of rubber) under the carpet. if so you could use those to bolt your box down using some security bolts and nuts .

You can use security screws, there are different type of screw head now.. from Allen, to Box head screw.. just go to the hard ware store and pick up the most odd ones....

L brackets, but I only screw the bracket to the floor, not the box (since there is no need to). 2 brackets per side and you'll be good. As for security, like a give a crap. The box weighs like 140lbs so good luck to any one person that wants to get that out. And if you know you're going into a bad place, park backwards close to a wall.

that's the same thinking i do bro! most time when i park my car in the parking lot i always park backwards and real close to the car parked behind me or close to the wall.

-dante

if you have a suburban i would build a small false floor that matches the shape of the real floor, so its kind of hard to take out. i did the same in the ext.cab of my s10. then just bolt the box down to the false floor, and use some security screws to put the sub in. seems like it would keep people from pulling the box out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.