How does this do rated???

fuse size doesn't matter. Some companies based their fuses on MOSFET amperage ratings, efficiency of the system at lowest resistance, etc.

I can't understand why people are so obsessed with being able to make their amps produce the maximum number printed on the side of it. Provided you're not trying to do serious DB drag competition why do you care?

LOL.... 120A x 14V= 1680W
Thank you sir. I would say some people don't have Google or are bad at math. And hispls is comment is appreciated as well. Not everyone whips out the ol' meter when they buy an amp to make sure it's doing rated. A lot of people just want something that's clean and durable. And all of the Treo products I've had through the years fit that bill.

It means the amp is fused for up to 1700 watts.
yeah for gross draw NOT including inefficiency. But some amp manufacturers will fuse lower than needed for whatever purpose.

For all we know, the amp in question has a gross draw of 2000watts, minus 30% inefficiency at 1 ohm, equals 1400watts.

You cannot apply a dc formula to an ac circuit and get the correct result.
you have to explain further, because from what I understand, the fuses on the amps are related to the input stage which is DC, not the output stage which is AC.

you have to explain further' date=' because from what I understand, the fuses on the amps are related to the input stage which is DC, not the output stage which is AC.[/quote']
Right. But people insist upon applying the DC formula for power to the AC output of the amplifier. They do the same thing with clamp tests and the result they get is volt amps, not power.

I can't understand why people are so obsessed with being able to make their amps produce the maximum number printed on the side of it. Provided you're not trying to do serious DB drag competition why do you care?
It might be just me, but I like to make sure if an company claims to sell me a 1400 watt amp, I would like to actually get 1400 watts. For example, (I am a server at Cracker Barrel) if you ordered 6 pieces of fried chicken tenderloins, and I brought your food out with 4 or 5, would u not be sort of upset that you didn't get what both the menu and I said came with it?

Yes, I tend to revere amps for their quality and internals too, but if a company promises a top notch amp at a high end price, I expect their item to not lie to me from the very beginning. On a side note, I did run the treo ssx 750.1 and loved it.

You cannot apply a dc formula to an ac circuit and get the correct result.
AC and DC current aren't as different as you're trying to make them seem.. Apparent power (VA) equals real power (W) if the phase angle is 0. Most clamp tests are useless because there is an unmeasured phase angle. If a resistive load is used, the number produced is very useful.

AC and DC current aren't as different as you're trying to make them seem.. Apparent power (VA) equals real power (W) if the phase angle is 0. Most clamp tests are useless because there is an unmeasured phase angle. If a resistive load is used, the number produced is very useful.
I'm not trying to make anything seem like anything else. I simply said that you cannot use a dc formula on an ac circuit. Of course, you can... but you aren't likely to get the correct product. And "if" is not a mathematical operator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.