How loud are the AQ SDC2.515s

marvinwillis
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im looking to buy 2 of these and im powering them with a Audiopipe 1500d which does 1500@1 ohm. Im getting my wire done in 0g even the big three, and i ahve a box being built at 35hz

How loud are these for the money and how do they compare to the HDC3s

I have one of these off a brutus 1208d 4^ft3 @ 38 hz These sound amazing with the lows tuned to 38 or **** near it. Not sure how loud they get outside if thats what you want, but, inside they sound and feel amazing.

So whats the difference between the SDCs and the HDC3? If they are just as loud
People have said that the HDC3's show the difference between the two when you feed them 1500 watts and up each because the SDC's don't handle that much and some people have fed the HDC3's 3000 daily.

How well will one of these handle 1000+ wrms?
I think they will handle it as long as it's a clean signal and the right box size, atleast that's what DJ told me.

as loud as the hdc315s with power not exceeding 1000rms for the driver or so says dj
see... that just doesnt make sence.. why would someone get a higher power one, if the one with less power is just as loud...

its like saying.. why get a 600HP car, if the 350HP car is just as fast

and why not spend the extra money on another sub for that matter then.

see... that just doesnt make sence.. why would someone get a higher power one, if the one with less power is just as loud...

Up to around 800 watts of ACTUAL CLAMPED POWER they are close but the SDC will be maxed out, the HDC is just getting warmed up.

cuz the 2 cars will both be fast but when u put the 600 HP in 5th gear it will leave the 350 in the dirt, (comparison to putting more power to the hdc)

Leon is wright the SDC is good up to around 800 watts, Granted Ive seen a pair or those sdc12s take a lil under 10000 Clamped watts of Dirty, Dirty, Power And not reak of burnt Coils...

That reminds me of a "joke" from my local car forum:

What do a 700HP Supra and an 1800HP Supra have in common?

They both run 10's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.