how loud is a car stereo legally allowed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you do get pulled over and ticketed for exceeding the community's sound restrictions, you can easily fight the ticket in court. Since bass is generally non directional, you can argue that the cop didnt know that it was specifically you that had the music playing.

Word to the wise, tinnitus (along with deafness) is caused by listening to loud sounds long enough... I know many DJ's that have played out for years, and have a constant, nagging rining in their ears. Tinnitus may not seem like it would be very bad, but your trying to concentrate/sleep/etc, and there's a loud ringing in your ear - it *****.
i can bide for that. before i even had subs i'd ALWAYS play my music loud whether in my room or in my truck..and now when i sit in silence all i can hear is "ringing" in my ears..occasionally it'll get piercer and i'd try plugging my ears to help it go away -shrug- anyways, it's a ***** and i failed to enlist in the marine reserves b/c of the hearing test luckily(couldn't hear the higher frequencies). be wise, thump responsibly and conserve your hearing. good day

Ears have different limits. When you start to hear ringing in your ears than go about 10 decibels down and you'd be fine. Subs shouldn't be that bad either because bass isn't high pitched. Tweeters as loud as a sub are a lot worse for you. There are so many variables.

just dont be stupid with it and you most likely wont get a ticket. have respect in neighborhoods, school zones, etc... and you will be fine.

I know here you can have your car taken if it is heard from 50 feetif it has happen more than once to you. First time is a fine and

impound.

i am a lawyer and i promise you that you are either making that up, or you have been misinformed. to deprive someone of their car because they violated a local noise ordinance would be a gross and inexcusable deprivation of due process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...