How many watts do I need for two Ten Inch Subs?

Originally posted by John:I am buying two ten inch subs and I was wondering what type of amp would go best with them...
Let me know what kind of subs, and the impedence. This info will make it alot easier to offer an amp suggestion

Okay cool. Let me know when you find out. No need to waste your money on a amp that can't handle the load or more power than the subs can handle.

I would suggest a class d. They are really efficient. The only draw back to them is they are for subs only. But seeing as how you are looking for a sub amp, that's what I would suggest. Depending upon how much power the subs can handle JBL makes a 1200w and a 600w class d that are very affordable. I would check both out. They are stable to 1ohm so impedence wouldn't be a problem

If your speakers are high quality you might want a high quality amp class a or b though they don't carry as much power for as cheap as class d amps but the sound clarity and wattage is well worth your money class d amps tend to kick plenty of power but lack sound quality somewhat. It depends are you a "boom" kinda guy or do you wanna hear that every note for the low end bass to the highest note in your music if you do go with the class a but if you just want the bass get class d. Let me know how it goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.