How much juice would you give CDT HD61's

I'd figure out why your filters don't work before I'd buy anything.Maybe try running them active.
I ran it like it is wired up now on the active sittings and that just cuts out the bass. I would need to wire tweets and mids on sep channels correct for active?

I ran it like it is wired up now on the active sittings and that just cuts out the bass. I would need to wire tweets and mids on sep channels correct for active?
Bypass the crossover and wire mids and tweets on seperate channels, yes.

I have a set of entry level CDT'S that I got from @TheUnderFighter ; they're a com-626 comp set from Vertex Audio. They're rated at 130 wrms @ 100hz or 120hz or something like that... anyways, they're on an amp that's rated at 120 a channel, and loving it. I'm still playing with what slope they sound best at. I've tried a lot of different configurations. At full tilt I've had it set at 60hz @ -24db. 70 @ -12, -18, and -24 db. 80 and 90 at every option, and right now, just for the heck of it, I have them at 100hz @ -6db... They don't sound bad at this setting, either. I might just keep them there. You can tell they're not super duper high-end and all, but they sound pretty darn good for the price they can be found at. Heck, earlier today I played them for a few minutes without the HPF on and they sounded pretty good.

well ide say ask mylows10, becuase i dont know for sure and it wouldnt be the first time im wrong. All i know is my doors shake a good bit from 65wrms or so, i wouldnt think they could take another 100wrms a side from experience but idk for certain

The best part about CDT's is that they can take a ton of power, a lot more than they are rated. I personally have a HD-62 set in my ride, and its way over powered and sounds bitchin. We havnt played much with the new HD-E6 driver thats in the new HD-61 set but if Ken at CDT put it in the HD series then it sure as hell can take a beating. I personally would run 200W. IMO overpowering is better than under powering.

The best part about CDT's is that they can take a ton of power, a lot more than they are rated. I personally have a HD-62 set in my ride, and its way over powered and sounds bitchin. We havnt played much with the new HD-E6 driver thats in the new HD-61 set but if Ken at CDT put it in the HD series then it sure as hell can take a beating. I personally would run 200W. IMO overpowering is better than under powering.
But overpowering can lead to blowing an expensive @$$ set of comps too

I currently have my Kenwood 4 channel pushing them bridged and it's a passive setup. Supposedly the two channels bridged is 190 wrms per side. They are playing loud and clear no problem.

I currently have my Kenwood 4 channel pushing them bridged and it's a passive setup. Supposedly the two channels bridged is 190 wrms per side. They are playing loud and clear no problem.
Well **** if they dont sound like there stressing let em beat man, maybe i just have girly ears lol

I talked with Mr mylows10 last night and he basically told me the ratings are accurate if run at the recommended hpf. Not sure what series he has, but says he ran them at 250w per side no problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.