How should I use this 50ft of 0 gauge in my system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
Im looking for the best way to use this 0 gauge.

My system right now is an audiopoop apsm-1500 running at 1 ohm and a Boston acoustics class A/B gt 125. 125x2 at 4 ohm. Right now I have 1 run of 0 gauge OFC from the stock battery under the hood to a fused distro block in the back. At the fused distro block there is 2 runs of 4 gauge CCA coming out (less than 1.5ft long each) going into both amps. Both amps are grounded in the trunk to sanded down metal.

Im for sure going to use 10ft of it for the big 3 upgrade

after that I should have around 40ft to use, what should I do with it to help my electrical out?

Do big three. Run a positive and negative in 1/0 to two distros. Run a pos and neg of both to the apsm from the distros. Use that cca four gauge to run from the distros to your two channel. Use reducers on the 1/0 to fit the apsm.

Btw, that ap sux at one ohm. Barely makes over 1k clean.

Do big three. Run a positive and negative in 1/0 to two distros. Run a pos and neg of both to the apsm from the distros. Use that cca four gauge to run from the distros to your two channel. Use reducers on the 1/0 to fit the apsm.
Btw, that ap sux at one ohm. Barely makes over 1k clean.
I would prefer to keep the distro block I have now, but it only accepts 4 gauge out. Do you think the 1.5 ft of 4 gauge is really going to hurt me that bad? I did consider doing a run of negative to the back but how does that work with a distro? is it just like the positive side and is it fused? I understand the A.P. is bad and the fan is incredibly annoying but for 120 dollars for around 1k rms im not complaining

I would prefer to keep the distro block I have now, but it only accepts 4 gauge out. Do you think the 1.5 ft of 4 gauge is really going to hurt me that bad? I did consider doing a run of negative to the back but how does that work with a distro? is it just like the positive side and is it fused? I understand the A.P. is bad and the fan is incredibly annoying but for 120 dollars for around 1k rms im not complaining
it probably wouldn't hurt, but its not ideal. You don't need to fuse a Neg run anywhere. 1/0 distros are cheap on Ebay. twenty bucks will get you two. The six sided ones, with two 1/0 holes are decent. And if its set to do 1k at 1, then it is a decent deal. You just need to give it every advantage you can, lol. I used to have one, I know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.