how to bypass pioneer avh-2400bt

GabeC
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ColaTown, SC
anyone have a link to a diagram on how to bypass the parking brake for video watching? I dont currently have the parking brake wire installed to anything so i cant play any video but I need a diagram along with a parts list of what i would need to make this happen. The guy at best buy says i need to have a switch that i have to flip everytime i start the car but i'd prefer one that i didn't have to **** with everytime. I drive an 07 focus zx3 5 speed, any help is appreciated!

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

[/color]relay give me a minute and i post up adiagram

Go buy a 5$ relay and never have to deal with a switch. With what I said in the previous post,,

Tap into the ground on the back of the HU, run ground to pin 86 and 87, make a lil jumper wire

Tap into the remote wire on the back of the HU, run it to pin 85

The green wire on the back of your HU, or whatever colour the parking brake wire is, goes to pin 30

the pioneer requires a ground signal to work? it seems like if you are hooking to the pb wire it would read a hot wire to turn on, at least that's how my jvc avx77 works.

The pioneer avh p8400bh requires a double pulse relay to work, and probably other new HU's
You are absolutely wrong. Sorry. ALL Pioneer AVH units are bypassed via a relay. The AVH units can NOT see a ground on the e-brake BEFORE the unit turns on (which if you have your e-brake up when you turn on the car, you'd need to technically double pulse as the e-brake is up, then you have to put the e-brake down and back up).

With a relay you are connecting the ground to one of the coils (85) and the common (30). The other coil (86) will have the remote turn on (I'll explain why in a second) and 87 (normally open) will have the e-brake wire.

The reason you're using the remote turn on and not a constant or accessory source is when the radio turns on the remote turn on is a delayed turn on (the remote turns on a couple seconds AFTER the radio). This way the radio/e-brake wire sees no ground on boot up, then ground a few seconds after.

Lets review:

A relay has 5 terminals

85 and 86 which are the coils (one is going to be a - trigger while the other is a +)

30 is common (which is attached to 87 and 87a depending on whether the relay is energized)

87 is normally open (that means when the relay is not energized the circuit is open - i.e. not connected to 30)

87a is normally closed (that means when the relay is not energized the circuit is closed - i.e., connected to 30)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.