How to make sure my mids are working properly?

Participant count
  • Participant list

wp7457

I have a set of 6.5" Image Dynamics components powered by a Sundown 125.2 amp. I've had them for a few years, had some shop install them because they were a pain to fit in the doors of my explorer. I don't have any dynamat in the doors or anything, but I have a very tough time hearing my mids. It's to the point that I'm concerned they are disconnected. I think my crossovers are set correctly, but what other methods can I do to ensure they are working right? Maybe a test CD playing different mid tones? It's been a while since I've been into car audio so I need a little help. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It looks like you have the wrong connections. The head unit uses one amplifier to amplify 2 to 4 of your speakers. You are using 2 amplifiers...
I would have opt. for an Aero ported enclosure and a different mono amp for that sub, But ..thats me
That's a bit of a loaded question. A few FB amps were known to catch on fire. But that was more due to poor quality or specific use-scenarios...
Hell of a deal, I think it may be the last day. If you're considering going to a 3 way, here's a great buy! You have to load them into your cart...
I agree with DJ. Pro style speakers are designed for large ported enclosures and lack bottom end without an enclosure. Plus they tend to suffer...

About this thread

wp7457

wp7457
Central FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wp7457