how to wire 2 amps 1 sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

KRYPTO
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MN
I'm trying to figure out how I need to run my 2 Orion 2500D's to a single DVC. I know I cant strap the amps, but I can have one master and other copy so there is no need to gain match. I'm just a little sketchy on how to do that. The guide said something about remote gain.

Also how would I determine that both amps are providing equal power to per coil (how important is that) ?

If it is like this, the 1st amp will be set to MASTER and the next will be set to COPY set the gains and x-overs on the MASTER amp and turn the gain to 0 and the x-over off on the COPY amp.

ori2500d.jpg

When the switch is in the MASTER position, the RCA outputs are buffered through the gain

stage of the amplifier and filtered through the crossover sections of the amplifier. When set

this way, the amplifier's gain and crossover settings are sent to other amplifiers down the signal

chain. This can be useful for configuring multiple subwoofer amplifiers easily in a large

SPL system. All subsequent amplifiers after the master amp will be in the COPY position and

have their gains set to zero and all crossovers turned off. The master amplifier will control

all the functions of the slave amps via the MASTER RCA output signal.

...from this: http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/og/orion/G47395.400.405.410_11-04.pdf

Orion RGC1 RGC-1 Remote Gain Control

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.