hu powerin sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dragonknell
10+ year member

Computers B4 I Could Read
Detroit
My hu san hose mp41 (200 watts) 4 volt preamp out, seems to be powerin my sub more than my amp, (a lightning audio 300 max) the sub is a k xpl 25, 10" that handles 600 watts rms, anyways i made a bass track (edit from bia bia) real real low not and with the xbass at 4 of 4, and the bass at +5 (-5 to 5) and the volume at 30 of 80 i can set car alarms off (either the car next to me or on the otherside of it) but im wondering if i turned my hu all the way up to 80 do you think it would destroy my sub, or my stock door speakers? thanks (and the audio is'nt exactly clean its edited on my computer with +12db, and just repeats the lowest note in bia bia)

If the sub is a true 600w RMS sub....then a headunit's internal amp fully clipped probably won't damage the sub at all. Interior speakers......if they are the stockers, then those are highly probable to blowing with fully clipped HU power.

But putting that much stress on the HU's internal amp probably isn't a good idea. They aren't the best at dissipating heat...........

alright cool thanks, yeah i wasnt planning on doing it cause i dont have any 6x9s laying around, and yeah this hu gets pretty dam hot, hot enuf where it wont read cds and could bbq my flesh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.