Human Reign amps discontinued?

It's really more of a market thing , mainstream company's find it very hard to sell high end amplifiers because the market for them is bare, most of these company's have a very high overhead which makes it difficult for them to justify them in the first place , brick and mortar stores being the main target market for these amplifiers ( not very easy to sell $1400 low power SQ amplifiers online ) and these markets are shrinking at a high rate because of the economy and online discounters demand for a cheaper product.You are going to see more of this type thing from your larger mainstream companys in the near future.

yep. like I said...probably the last time you will see an amp like this for this price. even companies like Zapco and TRU dont really sell amps in this range +$1500 that I know of.

the HR amps are really very nice. look at the specs and you really cant fin anything like that any more

are thse the amps that were like bronze color an had that guy with his mouth ope on the casing if so i been eye balling these as well for like 3 years just could never afford one

are thse the amps that were like bronze color an had that guy with his mouth ope on the casing if so i been eye balling these as well for like 3 years just could never afford one
no. that was the orginal.

these are the same internally but with a different heatsink. they couldnt afford to make the same style casing as the original. btw there is a guy selling an original now on ebay for $1500.

I've got one of these... soon to be two of them. Its the best amp I've ever owned period. Sorry McIntosh and Tru... I've owned both, along with numerous others and this amp does more and does it better. Please don't tell me about how good SS used to be and how they're crap now... while most of their stuff isn't up to the bar they set in the past, this amp easily raises that bar and then some. I only hope I can buy more of these before they're all gone.

I've got one of these... soon to be two of them. Its the best amp I've ever owned period. Sorry McIntosh and Tru... I've owned both, along with numerous others and this amp does more and does it better. Please don't tell me about how good SS used to be and how they're crap now... while most of their stuff isn't up to the bar they set in the past, this amp easily raises that bar and then some. I only hope I can buy more of these before they're all gone.
that is because its the same amp as the original but with a cheaper case. it is the same amp. and it cost 1/2 of the original. for the price its going for now its unbelievable.

that is because its the same amp as the original but with a cheaper case. it is the same amp. and it cost 1/2 of the original. for the price its going for now its unbelievable.
I know... and no offence to McIntosh or TRU, or. Anybody else for that matter. I just can't think of a better amp that gets crapped upon as much as this amp does. Its gotta be the Rodney Dangerfield of amps (no respect!) I always get "why didn't ya use Audison" or "it sounds pretty good but SS is flea market stuff" I loved my SS davinci. It was practically unlimited in what ya could do with it, and that amp got nothin but compliments, that's when the SS name was near the top of their field I guess.

the new Ref and HR series are as good as the old stuff ..the rest is not made as well but the consumer doesnt want to spend that kind of money anymore. they are now making different kinds of products for different purposes. I would doubt most people would even tell the difference in sound unless they had a SQ setup and most people are not. so ..I dont think any of their stuff is bad and its ignorant to hear people talk about SS as flea market.

truth of the matter is that many well regarded amps are made right along side other amps that cost a fraction of the price. most people have no idea what they are talking about.

that is what makes this HR series different. it is basically "old school" updated. I wish I could get myself to buy one but I just cant seem to spend that much on 1 amp. I want to though. maybe if I get some extra money but it would have to be the last amp I ever buy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.