Hypothetically.... spray sealant onto a speakers face to make it better for marine?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Let's say one day I'm able to afford a wave runner and wanted to put some currently owned decent speakers on it.

I'd make some decently enough aerodynamic pods for the 5.25's or 6.5's some sort of grill that would reduce some of the water splashed on the speaker....but some splashing, some front salt water, is inevitable....

Could I spray a layer of some silicone sealant onto the cone and surround of the wooder? I know the cone would fair halfway decent, but that foam would not do so hot against salt water corrosion.....thoughts?

I'd also make the pods grill removable so when doing cleaning maintenance at the end of an outing, I could wipe down the speaker face as well.

How sick would it be to have a baller wave runner with a pair of re xxx 6.5's in pods, decent tweeters, off a decent amp and some nice battery upgrades???I'm drooling...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.