I am a newb, HELP!

jonesound

So one of my good friends is a big bass head, and I asked him to help me out with my first system. He told me to get this:

1) MB Quart ONX1.1000D (1000W RMS ONYX Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier (ONX-1.1000D)

2) Alpine SWR-1522D 15" Dual 2 ohm Type-R Series Car Subwoofer

3) Ground Shaker SQPXL 1 15 15" Single Slot Ported/Vented Extra Large Pro Subwoofer Enclosure

4) RE Audio WK-4A 4 AWG Complete Amplifier Installation Kit

I have a 2009 chevy cobalt lt 4 door.

All I am asking is if this will work good? and tips? or forums i should read to help me out. I appreciate the help.

He really didn't steer you wrong. That's not a horrible starter system to bang with and learn from. Switch out the wire kit for an ofc 4ga kit from Audio Technix or knukonceptz. Both are on ebay.

You have a link to the box? Prefabs aren't ideal, but SOME will do ok for a beginner that isn't interested in building one from plans.

Your friends suggestions aren't too bad. I agree with everyone on the box though. Get a good one made or make one yourself. Prefab boxes are usually too small and tuned to high. You're going to want that Alpine in around 3.0-4.0 cubes tuned at 32-36 or so. This is the one that you're looking at I think: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_62694_Ground-Shaker-SQPXL-1-15.html It doesn't look too bad for 100 bucks. It's at least 3/4" MDF and big enough. But with a sub that weighs around 45 pounds you're going to want the front baffle at 1 1/2" and who knows what it's tuned to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.