I have a chip in my windshield Should I replace entire windshield?

mgcauctions09
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
Should I replace entire windshield or just have chip fixed. I will be running the system in my sig. I am worried about the chip pretty much spreading. Should I go ahead and replace it before I hook the system up or should I just wait until it dies by bass?

Id leave it alone and go ahead with install. Have your camera rolling when you first turn up the volume and if it cracks, youll have a video to demonstrate your "Awesome" system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

If you don't have alot of spare cash for it (I'm guessing that's the case if you'er asking) Don't worry about it if it hasn't and doesn't spread. Don't know the inspection laws in your state but in mine the windshield has to be unobstructed and free of damage some you may have to take care of it come inspection time.

my insurance fixes my chips for free if they are small enough to be repaired when they inspect them. They also guarantee that my window wont crack from the location of a repaired chip or they will fix/replace the window, So im sure it must work pretty well.

i never had a problem with any systems in my car, and i have 2-3 small repaired chips in my window.

A shop around here repaired a little chip in my windshield for like $20. You can barely notice it now unless you have your face on it.

no thread jack but - my windshield cracked and imma replace it, but what i wanna kno is if i replace it can i bang tha system all tha way up tha day it get replaced or would it make it pop out cuz it aint sealed all tha way or what?

if i cant how long should i wait to turn it up full tilt...

no thread jack but - my windshield cracked and imma replace it, but what i wanna kno is if i replace it can i bang tha system all tha way up tha day it get replaced or would it make it pop out cuz it aint sealed all tha way or what?
if i cant how long should i wait to turn it up full tilt...
No dont bang your system after you get the repair done. Not till atleast the next day. When we replace windows we always keep them in the shop your not even supposed to have the windows all the way up. Closing the door hard could pop the window out.

To the OP. Dont bother with it. I have a crack in my windsheild for a very long time now. Even with my system didnt spread at all. Mine was from a small stone. Just watch it and see what happens. I do have to ask what kindof numbers are you hitting and at what hertz are you playing it. Daily system at low notes. If so then you might wanna think about getting it fixed.

No dont bang your system after you get the repair done. Not till atleast the next day. When we replace windows we always keep them in the shop your not even supposed to have the windows all the way up. Closing the door hard could pop the window out.

To the OP. Dont bother with it. I have a crack in my windsheild for a very long time now. Even with my system didnt spread at all. Mine was from a small stone. Just watch it and see what happens. I do have to ask what kindof numbers are you hitting and at what hertz are you playing it. Daily system at low notes. If so then you might wanna think about getting it fixed.
thanks cuz, imma get it done monday then cuz then i wont play my system again til tha weekend.

If you don't have alot of spare cash for it (I'm guessing that's the case if you'er asking) Don't worry about it if it hasn't and doesn't spread. Don't know the inspection laws in your state but in mine the windshield has to be unobstructed and free of damage some you may have to take care of it come inspection time.
this is Alabama no inspections whatsoever.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.