i have a question?

Participant count
  • Participant list
depends how you run the system. if you actually output 5kW, your power draw on the system is 6250W (assuming 80% efficiency) which relates to 425A at 14.7VDC at that output, your alt won't keep up and your voltage will drop to your battery voltage. as voltage drops, power output drops.

so with your plan, you'll never see the rated output of your amp since you can't maintain the supply voltage necessary. funny, eh?

depends how you run the system. if you actually output 5kW, your power draw on the system is 6250W (assuming 80% efficiency) which relates to 425A at 14.7VDC at that output, your alt won't keep up and your voltage will drop to your battery voltage. as voltage drops, power output drops.
so with your plan, you'll never see the rated output of your amp since you can't maintain the supply voltage necessary. funny, eh?
What about the whole music doesn't use as much amps because it isn't steady. In my experience this has never been an exact science since so many variables come into play. What you're saying is all true I just want to point out that he might never need rated output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.