I have no sound...Please help!

ChrisCusum

First, this is my first post. Name is Chris. I have been searching every single web site I could find I can not seem to find the answer to my problem.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I have a 1998 Chrysler Sebring Vert. Stock radio quit on me. Still gets power and all, but no sound from the speakers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Went to the store and bought a cheap Kenwood radio and all the other fun stuff that is needed. Wire it up, get it all connected turn the car on and then the radio. I still have no sound. Can't be two bad radios I say to myself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif I decide to hard wire the back drivers side as that was the easiest and Viola, sound.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif So that means there is something else going on.

Any one have any ideas on what the problem is? I really could use the help

Thanks for reading.

Chris

sounds like your speaker wires mighht have a problem. i find it hard to believe that all 8 wires would go bad at once unless they were smashed. You may want to consider running new wires. it will certainly help your sound especially if you get better quality speaker wires.

Infinity sound system turn on is either not hooked up, or that amplifier is doa.

Or.

Your speakers are grounding on something.

Yeah, I started to re-run new wires. Not to bad to do since it is a Convertible just drop the top and go to town. Got the two rears done in a very shot time. I figured out that I need new 6x9's as one is near death, cant go above 15db and it starts to crackle. I swapped speakers from the other side to make sure it was not the wire and sure enough, speaker is crap.

Don't want to spend to much money on this car as it is the beater. Rather put money in my other car for performance.

Blue93corsica: I have not a clue on what you just asked me. So the answer to that is no.

Are ther connectors from the main harness to the speakers to make sure that they are not disconnected? that is what i am leaning towards, but I have no clue where to find that.

I really appreciate that there was some response. thank you.

what he's saying is that some vehicles have a feature that require a certain wire to be conected to trigger the speakers to play. Basic speaker wire shouldn't be that expensive. no more than $10 for a roll of 50'. The biggest PITA will be running the wires through the dash, the rest should be a piece of cake.

When running wires through the dash, i like to use one of 2 methods:

a) run a lead wire downwards from the head unit opening. tape your speaker wires to this and pull them through.

b) (this helps when going into the doors) use a coathanger as a wire lead

what he's saying is that some vehicles have a feature that require a certain wire to be conected to trigger the speakers to play. Basic speaker wire shouldn't be that expensive. no more than $10 for a roll of 50'. The biggest PITA will be running the wires through the dash, the rest should be a piece of cake.
When running wires through the dash, i like to use one of 2 methods:

a) run a lead wire downwards from the head unit opening. tape your speaker wires to this and pull them through.

b) (this helps when going into the doors) use a coathanger as a wire lead

Thanks, I already started the re-wire. Going to try and get the fronts this weekend if my time permits. Never re-wired a car for the speakers before. seems pretty easy so far. But I have not done the doors yet! I assume I need to pull the panels off first huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChrisCusum

ChrisCusum
Scotrun, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ccusum