I PHUCKED up dearly, can someone help me? simple ohm problem.

eb2phkingood
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kansas
I had this sub sitting in a closet forever:

Rockford Fosgate P212D4 - Sonic Electronix

and then i bought this amp off craigslist for a STEAL of 20$:

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=100&idproduct=260

as you can clearly see though, the sub is dual 4 ohm, and the amp is not made for that. What is the best way to wire this for the time being until i get a proper subwoofer to match this amp? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the amp is 2 ohm stable in stereo. DO NOT HOOK A 2 OHM LOAD UP BRIDGED!!

wire it 8 ohm series and bridge that , it will see 200 rms that way.

the amp is 2 ohm stable in stereo. DO NOT HOOK A 2 OHM LOAD UP BRIDGED!!
wire it 8 ohm series and bridge that ' date=' it will see 200 rms that way.[/quote']

ok, how do i wire it ohm series and bridge that? do you have a quick link with a picture i could see? please!

Sell it and get better stuff
this is the amp you recommended i buy for the cheap *** project i told you about off ebay. and the sub was the one i told you that was dual 2 but turns out i F'd up and its dual 4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif((( good thing its for a high school project for my brother and not a car lol

ok, how do i wire it ohm series and bridge that? do you have a quick link with a picture i could see? please!
Coil 1 positive to positive bridged terminal on amp

coil 1 negative to coil 2 positive

coil 2 negative to negative bridged terminal on amp.

=8 ohm load bridged

I do remember but now you screwed it up, so sell both and go a different route, there isn't much you can do except run it off a single channel

I do remember but now you screwed it up, so sell both and go a different route, there isn't much you can do except run it off a single channel
why?? he can get more bridged at 8 ohms then he can off a single channel. OP , read my sig , it applies to this guy. LOL

so the 8ohm load he is talking about above is only a single channel?

You could also run a coil off each channel I guess
i've had better luck in mono in this situation. say he has a track that basses hard on the left channel , it will only push one coil and that can be nasty especially if its a note thats in phase on one channel and outta phase on the other. it will literally pull the 2 coils in different directions. which will lead to woofer failure. mono will be safer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.