Image dynamics id 8

People are usually pretty shocked when they see I'm only running 4 - 8's and that I've broke my overhead console and rear view mirror. Are you running the Id 8's?
Nice! Nah, I’m running a pair of Ct sounds strato 8’s. Seems my box needs some work so I plan to build a new one. I’m wondering if my 4” port is enough for them. I plan to build a new box and Incorporate am armrest. These subs are impressive. Want to make sure I get the most out of them before moving in to something else.

Nice! Nah, I’m running a pair of Ct sounds strato 8’s. Seems my box needs some work so I plan to build a new one. I’m wondering if my 4” port is enough for them. I plan to build a new box and Incorporate am armrest. These subs are impressive. Want to make sure I get the most out of them before moving in to something else.

I was trying to go areoport with the two 8's in my 62' Bug and couldn't get a good fit. I just went with a slot port and hit 142.9 @ 33 hz. A box around 1.7 cubes net tuned around 33 hz. should be good for you.

I was trying to go areoport with the two 8's in my 62' Bug and couldn't get a good fit. I just went with a slot port and hit 142.9 @ 33 hz. A box around 1.7 cubes net tuned around 33 hz. should be good for you.
Sounds good. I was actually shooting for 1.5@33hz. 1.7 is good for me though. Easier for me to use aero port. Just need to know if a 6” aero would be too much or just stick with a 4”

Sounds good. I was actually shooting for 1.5@33hz. 1.7 is good for me though. Easier for me to use aero port. Just need to know if a 6” aero would be too much or just stick with a 4”

The problem with the 4" for me was that I think it needed to be around 13" long. Is that right?

When you ran the 4" port with these subs before were you getting any port noise?

If you're talking to me we never even built the box with the areoport because it required a 90° bend and we didn't have the room under the magnet. I just said, "screw it just go subs up and port up!"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...