Impedence rise question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matt A
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 3500d.1 rated at 4300 rms at 1 ohm...it is currently wired to 1 ohm using 4 dual 2 woofers... after box install and months of break in I clamped the power and saw that on a burp at 47 hz (max frequency) i was only sending 1800watts to the subs with the car running and 1400 watts when the car is off. Should i wire the amp down to .25 daily? or should i get another of the same amp and do each at .5? also is box rise added or multiplied to the nominal ohm load? thank you

I have a 3500d.1 rated at 4300 rms at 1 ohm...it is currently wired to 1 ohm using 4 dual 2 woofers... after box install and months of break in I clamped the power and saw that on a burp at 47 hz (max frequency) i was only sending 1800watts to the subs with the car running and 1400 watts when the car is off. Should i wire the amp down to .25 daily? or should i get another of the same amp and do each at .5? also is box rise added or multiplied to the nominal ohm load? thank you
You should do none of those things. Your rise varies with frequency, so at other frequencies your impedence will actually drop, causing you to blow your amp. I'd suggest just getting a single amp that is stronger at 1 ohm.

You should do none of those things. Your rise varies with frequency, so at other frequencies your impedence will actually drop, causing you to blow your amp. I'd suggest just getting a single amp that is stronger at 1 ohm.

impedance will NEVER be lower than the 1 ohm he has it wired to it will however rise to its highest point at tuning

Thats why street c makes it hard to gain for daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.