Install help (4awg Run vs Distro Block)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Installing a 4 channel tomorrow should so i went ahead and ordered 60ft of 4awg.

Question: Currently have 0awg from the battery to my AQ2200d. Should i simply use a 0awg - 4awg out distro block to the 4 channel vs running an entire run of 4awg from the battery to 4channel?

Side question. Should I wrap my 3/4 mdf ring in deadener or just deaden the door underneath the ring

Notes:

full length 4awg run or 0awg in 4awg out distro block??

MDF Spacer // deaden or no?

It's a OFC kit I ordered that marine stuff everyone was picking up. Read a review on here said it was comparable to other name brand 4awg so I figured it was a deal.

Dead under ring only thanks. Someone told me to do the 4awg distro because the 0awg would pull enough current for the 4channel

Personally I would run the 4 gauge, but it's probably not necessary. That 4 gauge you have is OFC so it's not CCA **** that is only good for 100 or less amps

It came with a fuse and holder right? What's it fused at?

Buss bars are handy. But a distro block would be better since you're using over 1,000w. I wouldnt run 4awg from Batt to amp. I'd get a 2awg to 4awg distro block, or use a buss bar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.