Install Help! AD 500.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

turbobluemiata
10+ year member

US IL
Okay so Im upgrading from my Memphis 4kw to an addictive audio 500.1. My current setup is stock 140A alt, (2) kinetik 2400, KNU CCA 1/0, Big 3, I have a few questions about the new setup. Will 1 run of CCA Be enough to handle the current? How do you properly hook up the amp with dual power inputs and grounds and remote. All advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

What’s the fuse rating on the 500.1? The Knu CCA 0awg is only rated for 300amps. I am sure it can handle more for short burst but I would not feel comfortable running over its rated limit. As far as how to hook up amp with dual power inputs its pretty much just like hooking up a second amp. I assume u have ur current amp connected to one of your backup batts for power? Just run a second 0awg line to the second input on the amp and connect it to the same post your current line is connected to. Same would apply for the second ground just run a second wire to the existing ground location.

I don't plan on maxing the amp out..... so your saying to run (2) cca from the front to the kinetiks then seperate runs off the kinetiks? and I plan on a HO alt soon

ditch the CCA and get some good wire. CCA is fine for some smaller amps but for that large of an amp OFC is the best bet. Look for some welding cable if ya wanna save some money

CCA is fine for a smaller amp. Multiple runs i wouldnt use it. the AA is a 5+k amp amd i wouldnt skimp and use CCA. Use welding wire as its about the same price of the CCA. 250a MAX each gives you a max of 500A which is what the amp moat likely recomends. Never run wire at its full capacity only around 80%.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.