Install pics

It sounds pretty good. My past setups have been much louder but what I like about this is it doesn't need much power (giving it 1k) and pretty much sounds good on all types of music. Really accurate and clean sounding.

I seem to notice alot of different widths of the port itself. Yours looks to be about 5" or so. Exactly how does this effect the tuning?

The port is kerfed, it's hard to tell in the pic, it's tuned at 33 hz, I believe. Don't know how it affects it but it sounds and looks good that way.

Looks good man. How do you like your ICON? What have you ran in the past? I have 2 ICONs that should be on my porch when I get home tomorrow...
I'm liking it. I'm taking it easy on it right now cause I'm still getting to know it and get a feel for how much power it can take, it gets loud enough to satisfy me, but what's really nice is the sq on it. It sounds good on all types of music and is really tight and accurate, and doesn't sound muddy at all.

As far as what I've ran in the past, lol let me think, mofos, type rs, Fi BL, RE SX's, Solo X, and all kinds of other cheap prefab stuff. As you can probably tell most of my setups have been "loud" oriented so this is my first time switching to something geared towards quality sound.

I think it was a good decision since I'm tired of constantly wanting to "upgrade" to something louder and I also really like how this sub doesn't put a strain on my electrical system. To summarize: gets loud enough to satisfy while sounding great doing it. For the money the icon is a tough one to beat!

I'm liking it. I'm taking it easy on it right now cause I'm still getting to know it and get a feel for how much power it can take, it gets loud enough to satisfy me, but what's really nice is the sq on it. It sounds good on all types of music and is really tight and accurate, and doesn't sound muddy at all.
As far as what I've ran in the past, lol let me think, mofos, type rs, Fi BL, RE SX's, Solo X, and all kinds of other cheap prefab stuff. As you can probably tell most of my setups have been "loud" oriented so this is my first time switching to something geared towards quality sound.

I think it was a good decision since I'm tired of constantly wanting to "upgrade" to something louder and I also really like how this sub doesn't put a strain on my electrical system. To summarize: gets loud enough to satisfy while sounding great doing it. For the money the icon is a tough one to beat!
Thats good to hear. I am really excited to test mine out. I will be comparing it to the Q I run now.

And too bad you werent just getting this setup rolling. I could have helped you out on a package deal with the ICON //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So you're gonna run 2 Icons BJ? What size are they and what kind of box/power you got planned for em?
No, Im only going to be running 1 12" actually. The other is for the sake of photos basically. I can know offer a combo of an ICON and an enclosure. So when I get around to adding to my website, I want to have some nice pics available.

I believe it's calculated the same as if it were the length of a standard slot port but then just kerfed. I'm not sure though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ntense702

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ntense702
Las Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date