Install ???'s before getting started!!!

bdmach1
10+ year member

Akron,Oh
Hello everybody.....Just made my introduction post, now i'm gonna dig in here with my first noobie post on here!!

Here is some info on the car for my first audio build in well over a decade!!

I have a 2003 mustang mach 1.....this car when completed will be one of the quicker street cars (regularly street driven!) here in the area. Not that it is important here, but this car will be in the neighborhood of 800-900 rear wheel horsepower, and capable of trapping over 150 m.p.h in the 1/4 mile.

Now onto my problem....I have a custom rollcage installed in my car and the type of side door bars I have have forced me to have my door panel cut up and modified by my friend who does custom upholstery work.

Here is some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

221383138.jpg

221383132.jpg

Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but those bars flare out and are a major problem for my door panels. The other problem is, putting a speaker back in the door is probably pretty much useless due to those bars (probably destroy all sound quality!) Also the kick panels will have to be modified to get back in the car.

So here is my question.......What I was thinking might work is, once we get my kick panels back in the car,(probably not going to be able to come in and out, one time only, dunno yet!) making some custom fiberglass pods that I can attach to the kick panels. Looking for ideas on how I can get some components in this thing and have a great sounding front stage. HELP!!!!! LOL

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Pretty cool cage, I don't suppose thats a daily driver since the side bars are fixed into place (not removable). You drag race that car? I'm guessing its a mustang because thats what my floorboards looked like in my 96GT when I took the carpet out.

Pretty cool cage, I don't suppose thats a daily driver since the side bars are fixed into place (not removable). You drag race that car? I'm guessing its a mustang because thats what my floorboards looked like in my 96GT when I took the carpet out.
wow...you should try reading before you post

Hey Josh!

Yes it is a mustang......limited edition.....Mach 1, think about 9,500 built in 2003

not mine but looked exactly like this one here (lost all my pics when puter crashed, forgot to back it up:() this one here is an 04.

288714752.jpg

And NO!!!!......This is street car! Might sneek off to the track once or twice a month to due some testing, thats it....Period!!! This car will probably see approx. 5,000 street miles a season, if I can't drive it, i don't want it! LOL:)

you should have room to mold the components higher in whats left of the door panel and the center console with tweeters on the a-pillars ...

you should have room to mold the components higher in whats left of the door panel and the center console with tweeters on the a-pillars ...

Thanx jrobb I will look at that when I get the car to the upholstery shop on Monday(if it ever quits friggin snowing!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif)

Looking at some interior pics on one of the other forums, don't think I am gonna have any room to put a 6 1/2 mid in the door panel unless I live with it mounted in the stock location behind where those two door bars almost meet........I think the door handle is in the way if I tried to mold in a spot just above those to bars.

Anybody got any ideas????

Here is a pic of what the interior in my car looks like stock. Dunna, maybe right below the door handle will work!!!!

307536793.jpg

Thanks

Bob

I've got mustang too. There's really not that much room, the door panels are really close to the interior. I'm surprised you were able to fit a cage that actually protrudes.

I think you're only option is in stock location. I was thinking in the kicks but I have small passive crossovers mounted there and STILL kick them every once in a while getting in the car. Room is just too tight.

I have angle mounted tweeters on my sails and has seemed to work out pretty well.

well with tweeters in the sails, a midbass in the stock location would probably sound just fine, i think the poles will affect it less then you think
Azeroth....you don't think it will affect the sound imaging????

Can we get a close-up of the door and one with the door shut, so we can see how the cage matches with the door, perhaps?

Fwb....these are al I have right now, as soon as we dig out here in N.E Ohio, I gotta go pick the car up and drop it off at the upholstery guy.....thats why I posted the stock interior pic to give you guys some kind of idea.......as soon as I get the car back this neck of the woods, I'll shoot some more pics!!!

I've got mustang too. There's really not that much room, the door panels are really close to the interior. I'm surprised you were able to fit a cage that actually protrudes.
I think you're only option is in stock location. I was thinking in the kicks but I have small passive crossovers mounted there and STILL kick them every once in a while getting in the car. Room is just too tight.

I have angle mounted tweeters on my sails and has seemed to work out pretty well.

Tsenfw.....The door panels aren't close to fitting the car anymore!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif We're gonna have to cut the entire bottom of the door pane off and start from there. Since you own a mustang, you know how thick the door panel are, What I was wondering is if we cut the bottom of the door panel off and fabricate the lower part that would be thin like most cars panels are, how bad sound quality would suffer with those bars about 3/4" directly in front of the driver.

By the way........Thanks to all of you guys for your input on this......really appreciate it!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bdmach1

10+ year member
bdmach1
Akron,Oh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from