Installing Kenwood DNX7140 into 03 Eclipse

Participant count
  • Participant list

OwChS

Hey guys, i'm working with an 03 Eclipse. Just purchased a Kenwood DNX7140 head-unit and am looking to install it myself. This would be my first time, but I figured what the hell why not save myself the money.

After looking online everywhere for a Double-DIN install-kit for 03 Eclipses with no success, I called up an audio-place and they said that it doesn't require an install kit. A second place said the same thing, but that there might be a small-gap. I don't know how big this gap would be or really what to expect.

Basically, what is recommended here? What are my options as far as getting a custom-kit vs. installing it without a kit? Also, I will def. need a harness right?

Aside from that, is there anything else anyone who has experience installing these can tell me about the wiring being easy or difficult?

-Ow

Like Rich said should not need dash kit just trim ring. As far as a harness you can use a metra 70-7001 for non infinity sound system. If you have the factory Infinity sound system you can either use the metra 70-7003 amp intergration harness. Or just bypass the amp which is under the passenger seat.

The new HU will come with a trim ring? Also, yeah it's the infinity sound system. Also there's a way to wire it so that I can make DVDs while driving. Would you guys know anything about that?

-Ow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.